Ended Official BYC Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2012

Here's my silkie, Ushas. She started molting when she went broody.

Here's Jamie, my Dominique rooster, sporting his last two remaining tail sickles.

Last edited:
One of my ten is now past its worst - last night somehow it tricked me and stayed out - in the morning she was fine but at the end of the garden there was a strong smell of fox; I can only guess Mr Fox saw her ghoulish appearance and did a runner!!
wee.gif

I've noticed quite a few extra feathers laying around the yard and pen.
I guess my BR's are one of those easy molting breeds! I hope so, because I will laugh at their expense.

I've noticed quite a few extra feathers laying around the yard and pen.
I guess my BR's are one of those easy molting breeds! I hope so, because I will laugh at their expense.

Molts get harder and more severe with the age of the birds. You hardly notice the first ones.(except for breeds like Frizzles, LOL)

Ron

Here's Mary, my poor white cochin frizzle. She is the only one who really molts out of our 32 chickens. I feel so bad for her as it's been 40 degrees and the other chickens just won't give her a break.

My Chickens Are Just Coming Out Of Their Molt They Molt In Summer But The Worst One This Year Was Our Red Frizzle Hen She Got Completely Bold She Lost all Of Her Feathers But She's Growing Them Again

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom