Ended Official BYC Contest - Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2014

All other breeds category:

Before and after shots of my Salmon Faverolles Roo.

I'm so glad to see that we aren't the only ones with a nearly naked chicken. We inherited 2 chickens from a neighbor of our son's babysitter in a family death situation. They are so fun but one of them literally had a naked bottom. We thought there might have been a problem but she started regrowing feathers on her naked bum and now she's losing them everywhere else. Looks like a multicolored pillow fight has occurred in the coop. They're both molting but one of them has definitely had a worse time than the other one. I feel much better now that they'll be ok, thanks for showing us newbies that this is normal.

Looking forward to entering this next year, our girls are too young this time 'round and won't have their first proper molt until next season. Right now they are only losing a juvenile feather here and there, then replacing it with a real adult feather. Nothing like a true molt, but I love seeing everyone else's chickens!!!
lol.png

I cry fowl! No Ducks or other fowl allowed? JK. Too bad, my khaki is nearly done. I'll try to post a pic soon.

So, just wondering, are we allowed to post multiple entries? 'Cause my silver Sebright, Frannie, just decided to go bald. :lol: If not, then I'd like to change my entry if that's okay. :)

I am entering Little Bit into the "other" category. She is a d'Anvers x WC Black Polish cross. Her Mom (RIP JOJO
hit.gif
) molted horribly last year too. She was broody and stopped less than a week before she started her molt. I can't even imagine her trying to raise babies and keeping them warm like this!

Little Bit before: Little Bit today:

Back
Top Bottom