Ended Official BYC Coop Page Contest #9

Pics
This is my first flock. Picking them up in 4 days! My coop is a prefab from tractor supply so I wont be adding it to the contest. I put it inside a run that I am planning to make bigger next year. I've put so much into the run by myself my hands are sore and badly scratched but I am proud of it. Six lengths of 1x2 wire connected to make the top safe from hawks, more 1x2 wire wrapping the top 2 feet of the run tokeep out climbing raccoons and fisher cats, 1/2 inch hardware cloth wrapping the bottom 4 feet to prevent raccoons from reaching in, more 1×2 inch wire as an apron all round, plus an apron around tbe coop itself which is i side the run in case some critter actually makes it inside the run. Oh, and the run is first made of a 10ftx10ftx6ft chain link dog run. By adding another dog run next year I can increase it ftom 10x10 to 10x30. I'm already thinking of how to alter the prefab to make it bigger and easier. So....maybe next year?

This is my first flock. Picking them up in 4 days! My coop is a prefab from tractor supply so I wont be adding it to the contest. I put it inside a run that I am planning to make bigger next year. I've put so much into the run by myself my hands are sore and badly scratched but I am proud of it. Six lengths of 1x2 wire connected to make the top safe from hawks, more 1x2 wire wrapping the top 2 feet of the run tokeep out climbing raccoons and fisher cats, 1/2 inch hardware cloth wrapping the bottom 4 feet to prevent raccoons from reaching in, more 1×2 inch wire as an apron all round, plus an apron around tbe coop itself which is i side the run in case some critter actually makes it inside the run. Oh, and the run is first made of a 10ftx10ftx6ft chain link dog run. By adding another dog run next year I can increase it ftom 10x10 to 10x30. I'm already thinking of how to alter the prefab to make it bigger and easier. So....maybe next year?

Sounds like you put a lot of thought and work into it! The coop contests run periodically so keep an eye out for the next one and best of luck with your upcoming flock :thumbsup

I have one coop that is going to be built soon (I can't wait! :wee), and another one that is already built but I don't have the building process. Can I still enter it if I don't have the build process?
Sure!
Did you see how to make an article in the first post of this thread to enter?

Back
Top Bottom