Ended Official BYC DIY Contest #2 - Show us Your Project and Win!

Pics
Three pen heated waterer...
It is a patio stone placed on the floor with a chimney block set on top. There is a heat bulb fixture inside that reflects the light and heat from a basic 100 watt light bulb to the top and a patio stone placed over the whole set-up. This keeps the water thawed until about -4F (-20C) It joins three pens together for three different breeding pens.

Cold weather brooder:
I can't keep chicks in the house, I am allergic to the dust they give off. So they have to go out to the coop as day olds. I built this brooder up in my coop last week to see how it goes, and it does seem to be doing quite well, but I think I am going to add another heat bulb set up on the top. I have had chicks in it for two days now, in -15C and they are doing well so far. I make a hole in the ceiling and put chicken wire over the hole. The heat lamp is secured to the ceiling of the coop and rests on the chicken wire so there is never any danger of it falling into the shavings. I cover the front of it with a piece of plastic dollars stop table cloth, and the inside is lined with bubble foil insulation to reflect the heat inside.

@cabincreations ...you need to make a 'page' to document each ofyour creations...see the first post in this thread.
3 pen waterer is great!

@cabincreations
...you need to make a 'page' to document each ofyour creations...see the first post in this thread.
3 pen waterer is great!
I think the water is great too. I wish we did not have to make a page to show projects. I would add way more if I didn't have to sit at the computer to upload. Doesn't work from phone. Someone want to upload for me
1f619.png

I really like the 3 pen waterer - easier to fill one than 3, and IF it is stable and can't be knocked over /get full of litter or poo, it's a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom