Ended Official BYC Mini Contest—Creative Eggs & Eggshells

Pics
I just asked Google...I'm not seeing any but look at this one on the right...kinda like it.
Screenshot_20181121-162227.png

Last edited:
Here is an ornament that I made from a serama egg. All pics are the same egg, just different views.
Embroidery and beads
View attachment 1596739 View attachment 1596740 View attachment 1596741 View attachment 1596742 View attachment 1596743
Curved sewing needle? If so, wow on getting the holes just right! Otherwise, how?

Edit: Just realized curved sewing needle won't work on the beads...how in the world do you do it? I see how it would now... but still, how do you do it?

Curved sewing needle? If so, wow on getting the holes just right! Otherwise, how?

Edit: Just realized curved sewing needle won't work on the beads...how in the world do you do it? I see how it would now... but still, how do you do it?

Holes on both sides, you use the same hole to enter and exit on the back side, while you work the front. Different holes can be used overall, but the same hole for each individual stitch, if that makes sense.
I also found that a long, flexible bead needle with a collapsible eye works the best. Solid needles work, but ones that are long enough to stretch across fatter eggs, like duck eggs, usually have fat eyes, which require larger holes. At least when I looked for long ones, they were all thick. Curved ones are actually hard to use, but are handy in certain instances.
This page gives some instructions with illustrations. (And some gorgeous, intricate designs, beyond my capabilities! Lol). I’m just learning.
https://www.needlenthread.com/2013/03/embroidered-eggs-stitching-lines-swirls.html

These are the needles I like. 2-1/2”
074D8074-A9CD-4EE6-80B7-2A814386C513.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom