Premium Feather Member
- Jun 24, 2012
He’s a wyandotte mix, and his comb is a rose comb.View attachment 2913387 ANOTHER picture of RoRo. He is 2 weeks older than the last picture. I think he is more handsome than ever. I hatched some eggs from my sister's mixed flock and look what happened! Does anyone see any particular breed characteristics? What is that type of comb called?
He is ADORABLE!!
Hi. He's a "Barnyard Mix". Not an official breed. It's what you get when you let nature just do it's thing. I lost my rooster to the road and was looking for another. I met a lady trying to re-home 5! I told her I could only take one, but we were both happy. Mr. Burt was hatched at her place and she didn't know which hen or which rooster was responsible. But, nonetheless, I gave a much needed home to a rooster and he filled a much needed place in my heart. By the way, I have a fence now prohibiting access to the road.What breed is he? He has similar coloring to my rooster, and I don’t know what breed he is.
Would love to see the winners. Where do I find that?View attachment 2882885
This contest is brought to you by our BYC Sponsors
(click to view & support them)
Welcome to the Official BYC Mini-Contest
Fancy Feathered Fellas Photo Contest
We all know our handsome feathered fellas like to show off, strut their stuff, and make themselves loudly known. So why not fluff his ego and snap a few snazzy shots of him in action! Share your photos for a chance to win 1 of 5 (that's right, FIVE) BYC 2022 Calendars!
Photography tips from fellow BYC members:
It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread & attach (upload) pictures of your domestic male fowl (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, peafowl guinea fowl, quail, pheasants, etc.)!
- Four entries per member. An entry is *one* picture of your male poultry. One entry per post, please.
- Females are allowed in the photo, but the male must be the star of the photo.
- All domestic poultry allowed (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, peafowl guinea fowl, quail, pheasants, etc.).
- The picture needs to have been taken by you.
- You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC sponsored contest.
- No overly-edited or filtered images—basic editing such as cropping and other subtle changes are allowed.
- Extra consideration for picture quality!
- No people in the picture (no faces, fingers, hands, arms, etc.).
- No screenshots, and no watermarks, date stamps, text, etc. on the picture.
- ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
- Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
- Open to all BYC members.
- All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
- Entries will be accepted until November 30th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
There will be 5 winners and each will receive a copy of the beautiful BYC 2022 Calendar!
From left to right: @Conan, @1muttsfan, @dreemachine, @Florida Bullfrog, @The Phantom
Check out the rest of the contests here:
Official BYC Mini-Contest Series - Win one of Fifty (50) BYC 2022 Calendars!
If you would like to purchase a beautiful BYC 2021 Calendar, see this thread: 2022 BYC Calendars are HERE!!!! Free Shipping to US Addresses!