Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest—The Great Egg Sandwich Challenge!

View attachment 2896945Great egg scrambled on home baked brioche bun, Hokkaido milk bun inspired bun (brushed with browned butter). Thinly sliced cheddar torched and crispy bacon on some mayo sauce I made.
I'm impressed by the loft and golden goodness of that bun!! And the fact that you have a kitchen torch.

Possibly my favorite egg dish - simple Toad in the Hole.

Bread and eggs cooked in vegetable oil spread (yes, I like it better than butter), fried potatoes with ketchup on the side, and chives and salt on top.

DSC_8829.jpg

@Kiki Sorry, I just realized that I had to be the one to make the dish. I didn't make the one I photographed above (my mom did), but I have made Toad in the Hole before. Does my entry still count?
I think that rule is more so “don’t steal internet pics” (because people have done that believe it or not) so I would think it would but idk
Whole30 egg sandwich
View attachment 2907050
Potatoes instead of bread
Sugar free bacon
Fried egg
Avocado slices
And of course, a dash of salt. 😋

Edit: Wait, does this not count since there’s no bread? :oops:
I think it does cause it says or bread like item and since you’re using it as a roll for a sandwich I think it does

Possibly my favorite egg dish - simple Toad in the Hole.

Bread and eggs cooked in vegetable oil spread (yes, I like it better than butter), fried potatoes with ketchup on the side, and chives and salt on top.

DSC_8829.jpg
That looks great!

Ok, here it is “The Big Hot Irish”
A bagel, corned beef hash, 2 poached duck eggs, hollandaise, pepper Jack cheese, and Sriracha sauce. Yum!
8DCEE087-7CA3-41B0-BDB1-66C53B61B407.jpeg

0A17C4A1-5359-4D80-8AB5-E41568817ECE.jpeg
Yummy!

Whole30 egg sandwich
D8E167D1-DB66-4769-A432-A1BFB71D642D.jpeg

Potatoes instead of bread
Sugar free bacon
Fried egg
Avocado slices
And of course, a dash of salt. 😋
That looks good!

Back