Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - Funny poultry faces and poses

Pics
Bommer and Beau looking grand!
IMG-20190315-WA0001.jpg

Entry #1
One of my hobbies is baking. I started in my early 20's, determined to learn to bake good, wholesome whole-grain bread for my family, which I did for many years. I never used a bread machine, it was all by hand. I made five loaves at a time. Some was sliced and frozen. Toasted, it was as good as fresh and lasted till the next week's baking. I even sold bread to neighbor's and friends.

What did I sacrifice? Oh... a full-time job, I suppose. The little extras other people enjoyed by having two incomes, like annual vacations to exotic, faraway lands. Things like that. But I got to stay home and raise my own kids, to watch them grow, to guide them through the changes of life. I never thought of it as a sacrifice.

I'm currently working on learning a sourdough technique and artisan-style breads. DH found me a great cookbook, I will come back and post the name and authors tomorrow (we are on the road today). Here's yesterday's attempt. If I can find it I will post pics of my traditional-looking loaves also.

View attachment 1969759

BigBlue, have you checked out our Home Baker's thread? Lots of baking (and cooking) and tips and kitchen chat. Come on over, here's a link:
any-home-bakers-here.921333
There's an Index to recipes on page 1 of the thread.

Back
Top Bottom