Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - Poultry Art Creations

Pics
I painted this picture of Autumn (the hen in my profile picture who is sadly no longer with us) in 2017 using a cheap watercolor set. I tried to make it colorful, but not so much that it looked odd.

View attachment 2419990
They say that the eye is the window of the soul, and you captured hers perfectly.

So many beautiful entries!

Umh, I still think that rocks (and trees, streams etc) have spirits in them

An experimental feather pour for a few classes I had been planning. The surface is shiny and catches the light a little
IMG_20200118_122725.jpg

This is a collage made from cut up National Geographic magazines. It has hidden pictures you can find like a hawk, ant, train, frog, seagull, penguin, and more. Can you find them?View attachment 2419827
It’s beautiful!
I was gonna do something just like this! Now I feel like I’d steal your idea. Luckily though, I’ve got some molted feathers for use instead of scrap paper.

actually “some” is an understatement, I have a whole flock worth :lol:

It’s beautiful!
I was gonna do something just like this! Now I feel like I’d steal your idea. Luckily though, I’ve got some molted feathers for use instead of scrap paper.

actually “some” is an understatement, I have a whole flock worth :lol:
When ever I find molted feathers they're always all gross, no good for art projects

Not very hard at all... I applied a Safer Stripper (CitriStrip) first which worked really well. It’s messy stuff but very effective.
Then I used Sharpie oil based paint markers for the design layer. It was a pretty fun/gratifying project.
Thank you! Helpful to know it's not as hard as it looks, even though it looks intimidating!

An experimental feather pour for a few classes I had been planning. The surface is shiny and catches the light a littleView attachment 2420892
Oh how beautiful!!
Did you use a feather tip for your drags, like people do when painting a marble look? Your pulls are so delicate looking and this really really looks like a real feather!! 😍

Back
Top Bottom