Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest Series—Poultry and Pals Photo Contest

Many of us have other animals and livestock, besides chickens, and sometimes these animals and our flocks are best of friends. We would love to see pics of your poultry with your other animals (dogs, cats, goats, sheep, cows, etc.).

There will be at least three winners, and each will receive a copy of the beautiful BYC 2024 Calendar!
The calendar is available to winners who reside in the United States. Winners outside the United States will be awarded a 1-month PFM.

How to enter:
It's easy to enter, just reply to this thread with pictures of your domestic poultry with their pal(s).

To increase your chances of winning, please read the rules before entering.
Rules:
  1. Four entries per member. One entry per post, please.
  2. An entry is a picture of your domestic poultry with its non-poultry pal.
  3. All domestic poultry allowed (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, peafowl, guinea fowl, quail, pheasants, emus, pigeons, doves, etc.).
  4. The photo needs to have been taken by you.
  5. Images that have been resized might be disqualified if they are too small to judge.
  6. No screenshots, watermarks, date stamps, text, etc., on the photo. No collages.
  7. You cannot use a photo that won an award in another BYC-sponsored contest.
  8. High-quality images are recommended. Basic editing, such as cropping and other subtle changes, are allowed.
  9. ALL photos MUST be uploaded to BYC and not hosted on other image sites, personal websites, etc.
  10. Prizes are limited to one per person per contest.
  11. All BYC rules apply: Terms of Service (Rules)
  12. Entries will be accepted through November 30th, 2023, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Photography tips from fellow BYC members:
2022 Winners
From left to right, photos by @HopKat, @PoultrySister, @_-Captain BRM-_, & @BurbCoop

From left to right, photos by @fatty and friends, @ChicksnMore, & @Fluster Cluck Acres

2021 Winners
From left to right, photos by @HopKat, @Minidinochickens, @Graphichick, & @candycar

From left to right, photos by @Silkie Princess, @AngBantamLuv, & @-Flash-

2018 Winners
From left to right, photos by @curious1969 @MillersFarm @SueT @007Sean @feathermaid

2017 Winners
From left to right, photos by @Stayc, @hadesgilbert123 @TheKindaFarmGal (x2), & @EastTXMom

2016 Winners
From left to right, photos by @casportpony, @2hnznroo, @silver1polish

2015 Winners
From left to right, photos by @mejsmom1 @User381954

2014 Winners
From left to right, photos by @Kelsie2290, @StarMeKritten, @jcarsaab, @HeartSerama

Check out the rest of the contests here:
Official BYC Mini-Contest Series—Win One of Thirty-six (36) 2024 BYC Calendars!

If you would like to purchase a beautiful BYC 2024 Calendar, see this thread: 2024 BYC Calendars are HERE - Free Shipping to US Addresses!!!
Who won

congratulations00-gif (1).gif

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging, and we have our winners!
@Barnumsbackyardbirds, @fowltemptress, @Certified Chicken Lover, @Bolfreak, & @WoDia

@Barnumsbackyardbirds
Beau & Brownie
IMG_5848.jpeg

@fowltemptress
My dog likes to plop himself in front of the ducks to get back nibbles.

20221012_093959.jpg

@Certified Chicken Lover
Entry 1.
Shadow getting chicken snuggles!
AD287175-9ED8-4EB7-BB9E-0280396C0C0E.JPG

@Bolfreak
Entry 1: Ruger has to constantly share his grain and hay with Lorenzo the official quality control gander
IMG_6071.jpeg

@WoDia
My only entry:
Molly with Winston (cat). He was protective and comforting toward her, when she slipped and fell down the stairs (fractured her leg). She was trying to follow me, and I still feel guilty. 😞 I brought her inside during recovery and carried her (and Winston ☺️) around in a laundry basket. He rarely left her side, and they continued to spend time together, even after she recovered. ❤️
IMG_3854.jpeg

@Barnumsbackyardbirds, @fowltemptress, @Certified Chicken Lover, @Bolfreak, & @WoDia
, I will send you instructions on how to claim your prizes momentarily!
thank-you-png.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!!

:bow

:clap

Great job everyone, this was so much fun!!
:wee

~ Shout out to all of the judges who took the time to judge all of the contests. I know they were incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

And THANK YOU to our BYC Sponsors (click to view & support them).

Now, for the moment you've all been waiting for! The judges have finished judging, and we have our winners!

@Barnumsbackyardbirds

@fowltemptress

@Certified Chicken Lover

@Bolfreak

@WoDia

thank-you-png.png

A HUGE THANK YOU to all who participated, this wouldn't have been possible without all of your entries!!!!

~ Shout out to all of the judges who took the time to judge all of the contests. I know they were incredibly difficult to judge and I appreciate all of you! ~

@Barnumsbackyardbirds, @fowltemptress, @Certified Chicken Lover, @Bolfreak, & @WoDia, congratulations!

@Barnumsbackyardbirds

@fowltemptress

@Certified Chicken Lover

@Bolfreak

@WoDia

thank-you-png.png

Congratulations everyone! :clap

Back
Top Bottom