Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - What’s Your Hobby

Pics
Hobby #1 - Collecting Stickers from everywhere and anyone.
I have always loved collecting stickers since I was little. My dad would let me get 1 from the quarter machine any time we were out and about together.
Fast forward, I let my kids put stickers on their stuff; eventually they started putting them inside back window of my car but that became a blind spot so I had to put my foot down! Then one day, my oldest son got a sticker from school and immediately pasted it on the outside of my car, without hesitation he was too excited to tell me why he got the sticker 🤦‍♀️
Considering my car is already salvaged (and paid off), I decided to allow it and it escalated from there. Over time, random people from anywhere I was (gas station down the street or even out of town) started giving me free stickers.
View attachment 2422102
This is just one side of my car... there's plenty more on the other side. Can you spot my BYC stickers?

I have a vinyl cutter...lol, I could make endless stickers for you. :lol:

I have too on the second one. I am a summer girl. I have never liked cold weather.

I'm just the opposite, I'm finally starting to get more active after my summer slacking but I'm pretty well "insulated" from being a couch potato all summer long, lol! In Georgia it gets soooo incredibly hot you really can't stay outside for very long. The winters are mild though.

Most of the rocks that I own I found myself. Mainly from just smashing two rocks together and looking inside of the destroyed rock. :lau I have a giant quartz that my dad found with my gramp when he was little, a tiny purple crystal that my friend gave me when she moved, a piece of rock with gold in it from my uncle, and a shard of a dino leg that my teacher dug up from a southern dry state, I forgot the name of the state. Besides those rocks, I found the rest outside.
I notice that you live in Maine -- have you ever been to mount Apatite? Though, I think that you're further from it than I am.
It used to be a mine, for I think quartz and tourmaline. Now people can visit for hikes or rockhounding, as long as they don't dig deeper than two feet.
I've gone there a couple of times. The last time that I went, I founds some smoky quartz shards and a couple chunks of stone that might have tiny garnets in them. Also lots of mica -- that stuff can be found in lumps upon lumps.

I notice that you live in Maine -- have you ever been to mount Apatite? Though, I think that you're further from it than I am.
It used to be a mine, for I think quartz and tourmaline. Now people can visit for hikes or rockhounding, as long as they don't dig deeper than two feet.
I've gone there a couple of times. The last time that I went, I founds some smoky quartz shards and a couple chunks of stone that might have tiny garnets in them. Also lots of mica -- that stuff can be found in lumps upon lumps.

I would absolutely LOVE to go there!!! I love rock hounding!

I'm just the opposite, I'm finally starting to get more active after my summer slacking but I'm pretty well "insulated" from being a couch potato all summer long, lol! In Georgia it gets soooo incredibly hot you really can't stay outside for very long. The winters are mild though.
Yes, I'm in Alabama and it is about the same here as it is there in GA. Very humid in summer. I can handle heat and humidity its the cold and dampness I can't handle.

My hobby is coin collecting and feather collecting, and I normal do this hobby when (A) I see a coin I can trade/Buy or (B) When I see a cool feather from one of the chickens. I don't really make sacrifices for my hobby, and I cant really rank myself for it (Armature maybe???) … No, I cant have this hobby as a job/income unless I sell some of my feathers/Coins. Overall I really like this hobby, Its fun to see the coins and feathers I can get!
8.jpg 7.jpg 6.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg
Here is the basic run-down of the photos (I am not good at placing photos, sorry they are backwards order...)

1: Basic rundown of what my collection looks like.
2: A really cool Frizzle Goose feather
3: Turkey tail feather, compared to a ruler. (So big!!!)
4: (The list of all the feathers I have, and Its rubber band color
5: What My coin album looks like
6/7: A really cool ?Singapore? seahorse coin
8: Euros have really cool designs on them!

I have several hobbies, but I think that my favorite is probably baking/decorating. I've been helping out in the kitchen for as long as I can remember, and while cooking dinner and stuff is fun, I've always liked the sweet side of food.
Cooking is also a way to help manage my Type 1 diabetes, as I can better control the carbs and such that are a dish. I tend to snitch when I'm cooking -- especially baking -- but... well, I've been getting better at self-control.
Decorating, especially, is a blast.
So --
Hobby #1: Baking/decorating:
I mostly use buttercream icing for my decorating -- I'm not as good with fondant, gum paste, or marzipan.
Cake made for a party thread:
DSC_6585.JPG

My own birthday cake from the summer:
DSC_6838.JPG

A birthday cake for BYC's own CarpCharacin:
DSC_7388.JPG

And a small little flight-of-fancy done on a cake that was made in a dove-indented gelatin mold:
DSC_7403.JPG

(I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't trying to show off a bit, sorry. I don't know where I fall as far as skill level goes, but it took me years and lots of practice to get here -- experience and practice will do the same to anyone, so if this in any way made anyone feel daunted, please keep decorating; it's a joy, and is very rewarding to know that those patterns and designs in icing and fondant are your work, your touch! Good luck!)

Back
Top Bottom