Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - What’s Your Hobby

Pics
Entry #2: I am an aquarium hobbyist. I've been keeping fish for almost 5 years now, and at the moment I have two tanks, a 20 gallon high and a 5 gallon betta tank.
This is my betta, Mooki. I have had him for a little over a year and a half.

1606323164227.png

Entry #2: I am an aquarium hobbyist. I've been keeping fish for almost 5 years now, and at the moment I have two tanks, a 20 gallon high and a 5 gallon betta tank.
This is my betta, Mooki. I have had him for a little over a year and a half.

View attachment 2424846
He/she’s beautiful! I used to have a betta named fantail

Fun Entry Only Please :) #1
I make cheese!

I'm a dairy farmer so I am fortunate enough to have a home-made milk supply! I will make cheese each weekend if we have milk that cannot be collected by our milk processor, so it does not go to waste, and any other weekend during the milking season that I can spare. A typical cheese-making session involves a very detailed clean of the kitchen (hygiene is very important), dealing with the multitude of complaints from the family when they realise they cannot just deposit dirty dishes wherever whenever (because I'm using ALL the space and that space MUST stay hygienic), and lots of checking of temperatures, PH strips, and stirring. Then one must employ patience (I don't have much of that) - a good cheese needs the right conditions and time to mature and it's very hard not to want to eat things before they are ready hehe.

The best part about making cheese - is sharing with your family and friends!

P.S. My chickens go absolutely MAD over a warm Weetbix and Whey mash on a cold morning.

20200823_174843.jpg Cams - 10 Days Old.jpg Havarti - Waxed.jpg 20180922_175116.jpg 20180812_103453.jpg 20180813_055424.jpg

Fun Entry Only Please :) #1
I make cheese!

I'm a dairy farmer so I am fortunate enough to have a home-made milk supply! I will make cheese each weekend if we have milk that cannot be collected by our milk processor, so it does not go to waste, and any other weekend during the milking season that I can spare. A typical cheese-making session involves a very detailed clean of the kitchen (hygiene is very important), dealing with the multitude of complaints from the family when they realise they cannot just deposit dirty dishes wherever whenever (because I'm using ALL the space and that space MUST stay hygienic), and lots of checking of temperatures, PH strips, and stirring. Then one must employ patience (I don't have much of that) - a good cheese needs the right conditions and time to mature and it's very hard not to want to eat things before they are ready hehe.

The best part about making cheese - is sharing with your family and friends!

P.S. My chickens go absolutely MAD over a warm Weetbix and Whey mash on a cold morning.

View attachment 2426678View attachment 2426683View attachment 2426684View attachment 2426689View attachment 2426690View attachment 2426691

Cheese 🤗

Back
Top Bottom