Ended Official BYC Mini Contest - What is Your Hobby?

Entry 1-Crochet

I have been involved in crocheting for about 10 years. I crochet afghan's, hats, scarves etc., but most recently I have started Amigurumi crochet. This crochet technique that is used to crochet animals, characters, creatures, dolls etc. It is very time consuming. Below is a sample of some of them. I'll have to create an Amigurumi chicken. I am currently working on Wallace and Gromit and a very large dragon.
Amigurumi panda sitting.jpg Amigurumi bunnies.jpg Amigurumi lion.jpg Amigurumi cat.jpg

Entry 1-Crochet

I have been involved in crocheting for about 10 years. I crochet afghan's, hats, scarves etc., but most recently I have started Amigurumi crochet. This crochet technique that is used to crochet animals, characters, creatures, dolls etc. It is very time consuming. Below is a sample of some of them. I'll have to create an Amigurumi chicken. I am currently working on Wallace and Gromit and a very large dragon.
View attachment 1975913 View attachment 1975914 View attachment 1975916 View attachment 1975917

Nice work...love the cat especially!

I keep warm in winter by crocheting.
I learnt the basics as a kid but have always had trouble following written instructions.
You Tube tutorials are a godsend for someone like me!​

View attachment 1970913
View attachment 1970914 View attachment 1970916
Ribh, you do excellent work! I am also a crocheter. I agree some of the written instructions are hard to understand. Sometimes it takes me an hour to figure out what they are talking about and sometimes there are mistakes in the instructions which I have discovered many times.

Ribh, you do excellent work! I am also a crocheter. I agree some of the written instructions are hard to understand. Sometimes it takes me an hour to figure out what they are talking about and sometimes there are mistakes in the instructions which I have discovered many times.
Thank you for the compliment. :)
I'm a visual learner so once I can *see* I can usually work the pattern out ; until then...:idunno It is frustrating when there are mistakes in the written instructions. Video tutes you can pause & zoom & rerun & it makes such a difference when I am learning. Have you entered some of your work also? I would enjoy seeing it. And I found it! :lol: They are beautiful!

Last edited:
Entry 1-Crochet

View attachment 1975913 View attachment 1975914 View attachment 1975916 View attachment 1975917
Wow. Clever work. They are really lovely.

:frowHi everyone! This has been a great thread to read! The creative people here are truly artists! Not entering but wanted to share. I craft with just about anything,wood,metal,pencil,paint.I really enjoy using "junk" to create something beautiful. I crochet and garden. And there is all the critters!
My main hobby is lampworking. Making glass beads and other small things by melting glass.It's amazing to watch hard cold glass heat up and flow like honey!
pix 007.jpg DSC00626.JPG 20190220_091822.jpg

Like glassdragonfly said, I like to re-use junk. I built this coop from left-overs. The framing lumber was excess from a garage construction. The windows were salvaged from a home remodel as was the door. And best yet, was the outside siding. Slabs from a local lumber mill.
So consider this as my 2nd entry. Enter it under the category Scrounging. :D

Note to BYC admins: How about another mini contest about re-purposing old pallets?

IMG_3817.JPG
IMG_3805.JPG
Friday Coop 2 - Copy.jpg

Like glassdragonfly said, I like to re-use junk. I built this coop from left-overs. The framing lumber was excess from a garage construction. The windows were salvaged from a home remodel as was the door. And best yet, was the outside siding. Slabs from a local lumber mill.
So consider this as my 2nd entry. Enter it under the category Scrounging. :D

Note to BYC admins: How about another mini contest about re-purposing old pallets?

View attachment 1976949 View attachment 1976950 View attachment 1976951

Your coop turned out great! I really like the look of the siding, it fits right in with the trees around it.

Back
Top Bottom