Ended Official BYC Mini-Contest - When Will BYC Hit 23 Million Messages?

Pics
My shame is greater. I’ve been experimenting with just how old an egg can be where I can eat it and not get sick and still be decent tasting. So far some from beginning of August are still good. I have some from July that I’m still debating on trying or giving to my dog.
I have cooked store bought eggs that were at least 3 months old.

If they aren't floating I think they probably good. I got a bunch of pea eggs from August that I didn't set and didn't refrigerate, I bet those float!

Oh I ate em when they didn’t float so I stopped float testing and just do the individual inspection once I crack em open.

Mine don’t last long on the counter so I always refrigerate. My house temp stays at around 74 in the summer. And 72-73 the the rest of the year

My shame is greater. I’ve been experimenting with just how old an egg can be where I can eat it and not get sick and still be decent tasting. So far some from beginning of August are still good. I have some from July that I’m still debating on trying or giving to my dog.
mr muddy actually asked me this morning why I preopen the eggs before he cooks them.....i told him it’s out of habit of not knowing if my quail eggs are good or not :oops:

If they aren't floating I think they probably good. I got a bunch of pea eggs from August that I didn't set and didn't refrigerate, I bet those float!
I have a bunch of turkey eggs that I took after the hen had sat on them for 2 weeks last summer or fall. I probably ought to get them out of the house before they explode.

mr muddy actually asked me this morning why I preopen the eggs before he cooks them.....i told him it’s out of habit of not knowing if my quail eggs are good or not :oops:

I crack all eggs in a dish separate from whatever I am making. I feel it helps me spot any anomalies before they make it into the rest of the ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom