Official BYC Poll: Excess eggs, what do you do with them?

What do you do with your excess eggs?

• Eat them

Votes: 304 59.4%
  • Hatch them

Votes: 108 21.1%
  • Sell them from home

Votes: 194 37.9%
  • Sell them at the farmers market

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Give them away to family and friends

Votes: 375 73.2%
  • Donate them to church, a food bank, etc.

Votes: 65 12.7%
  • Pickle them

Votes: 51 10.0%
  • Feed them to other animals

Votes: 158 30.9%
  • Throw them away

Votes: 17 3.3%
  • Compost them

Votes: 26 5.1%
  • Sell them as hatching eggs

Votes: 36 7.0%
  • Don't have excess eggs

Votes: 49 9.6%
  • I buy my eggs

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Art & crafts

Votes: 25 4.9%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • Give away as hatching eggs

Votes: 23 4.5%
  • Feed them back to the birds

Votes: 144 28.1%
  • Freeze them

Votes: 40 7.8%
  • Dehydrate them

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 5 1.0%

• Total voters
My husband has a few customers at work, and I give some to my neighbors if they need them, but the majority of my excess eggs are donated to our local chapter of Feed Our Vets. I can't stand seeing eggs (or any food) go to waste, and this has been a perfect way to make sure that doesn't happen, but the best part is that I'm able to give back just a little bit to the people who have helped protect our country. :)

Oh yum. And also, YUM. And your recipes are available where, exactly? 😉
I am sure all of those can be googled.

But for pound cake... most recipes that pop up only ask for 3 eggs, or maybe 5.... crazy..... keep looking until you find one that asks for at least 10 eggs, then add a few extra. ;)

I sell my eggs.
IMG_20190216_142544.jpg

View attachment 2175774
Photos in the collage are courtesy of @CluckNDoodle, @penny1960, @SharW75, @aliciaplus3

We have tons of eggs here right now, how about you? What do you do with your excess eggs? We collect and cook what we can, hatch a few, and the rest we give away or feed back to the birds.

(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)
Your poll is missing "all of the above" option. I've done everything but sell them. Cant bring myself to take money for giving someone food. Maybe part of the reason I'm always broke?

Your poll is missing "all of the above" option. I've done everything but sell them. Cant bring myself to take money for giving someone food. Maybe part of the reason I'm always broke?
Just added "all of the above" to the poll! :D

You can put most anything in this quiche, sometimes I make a bacon and spinach quiche. I like it because I can use a lot of eggs. Make sure you have a large pie dish. You can make a crust or I sometimes add a cup of Bisquick to the mix instead of making a crust and also I add a little salt and pepper.
Quiche.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom