Official BYC Poll: How do you name your pet chickens?

How do you name your pet chickens?

• We don’t name our chickens!

Votes: 33 6.9%
  • We let the kids name them.

Votes: 79 16.5%
  • We give them old-fashioned names (Flora, Prissy, Hazel, etc.).

Votes: 84 17.6%
  • We start their names with the same letter (Bailey, Barb, Beatrice, etc.).

Votes: 13 2.7%
  • We name them by personality (Sassy, Gabby, Bossy, etc.).

Votes: 116 24.3%
  • We name them after food (Peanut, Nugget, etc.).

Votes: 83 17.4%
  • We don’t have a special system.

Votes: 166 34.7%
  • We name them by appearance (Red, Fluffy, Lavender, etc.).

Votes: 153 32.0%
  • Other (elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 157 32.8%

• Total voters
Name chickens by there description sometimes for instance we have named a white chook Snow before, clever hey. Or there back story my Rooster named Lucky was gonna be eaten if we didn't buy him for $15 so his Lucky but he also has other names like Randy and Patrick but he doesn't get called them very much, and they just came about because people decided that it suits him so sometimes his called Lucky Patrick ect..

Recently, just today actually took in another rooster found roaming around in the city prob gonna name him City Slicker. We have a grey chicken with a few small black spots/streaks called spotty. And sometimes just name em human names like one of the alpha Isa brown hens here is just named Wendy, and another is named No Name because no one could think of anything else at the time... So that's that.. oh an we have a black hen named spooky because I imagine her looking good as a witches chicken amongst black cats, books and in a hut type thing... Yeah.. none of those things are spooky tho but U get it... Yeah.

It is extremely rewarding to name your chickens, transforming them from just egg-laying machines to house pets.

Despite the fact that there is no shortage of human names, you might want to give your chickens a more creative name. As with people, each chicken has their own unique personality. Chickens also have fine memories. Whenever you call out their names, they will come running, particularly if it is because food is in sight.

So we would like to find out: How do you name your pet chickens?

Place your vote above, and please elaborate in a reply below if you chose "Other". And feel free to share your chickens' names with us as well.

View attachment 2866706

(Check out more exciting Official BYC Polls HERE!)
I really need to stop naming my animals when im hungry. Oatmeal, noodles, kiwi, truffles, cookie. Gosh! (we usually do food, often accidentally!🤣) but sometimes we do human names, like emily, and sometimes find that giving it a unique nickname works cool to! Like isabella, a bit long. So we decided to call her isbe instead! Just stuck!

That's a good picture. Have you entered it for the calendar contest?
Thank you!❤️ No, I entered this one instead-
ABE3745A-6867-4CBC-AE2F-87B755705315.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom