Official BYC Poll: How Old Is / Was Your Oldest Chicken?

How Old Is / Was Your Oldest Chicken?

• 0-3 years

Votes: 142 33.9%
  • 4-7 years

Votes: 135 32.2%
  • 8-11 years

Votes: 89 21.2%
  • 12-15 years

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • 16-19 years

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • 20 years and older

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • I don't keep chickens yet

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
I'm sorry to hear that. 😞
Sorry for your loss! If anyone has ever had a gentleman rooster they just don't understand what a loss thst is! My gentleman was hand raised and takes good care of his ladies. When it's time for the girls to go to bed, he puts himself to bed in his "private" kennel, a large dog crate. Still trying to teach him how to close and lock the door!

Merlin is 'officially' twelve now, so I've moved my vote up to the next category.
happy birthday.gif
Here's for many more years!

She was not amused by me following her around for a picture this morning. 🤣

1649168175809.png

I’ve never had any chickens live to be very old, but I have a friend who raises chickens, and they have what I believe was an Ameraucana hen that was 20 years old! I haven’t heard of her for awhile, so I’m not sure if the hen is still alive. The hen looked old, she had bad eyes, and walked around very slowly, but for being 20 years she was rocking it. The hen was given to my friend by her grandpa who has since passed, so she is very special to them. I told my friend back then she might just beat the record for oldest hen! I’ll have to ask her to see if the hen is still alive.
I know this is an old post but do you have pictures of her?

Back
Top Bottom