Official BYC Poll: Is your RUN Covered or Not?

Is your RUN covered or uncovered

• Total voters
Pics
My run is covered. In the winter the walls on one end are wrapped with plastic as well. We get a lot of snow, and it’s often wet and heavy. My girls usually spend all of their time outside, they rarely retreat to the coop.
They also have a 50’x30’ area to free range in that’s safe from the dog. It isn’t covered.

My run is covered with SeaCoaster Corrugated-Pvc-Plastic-Roof-Panels
I use deep litter for the run.

thumbnail.jpg

deep litter run.jpg

Mine is pretty big with cattle panels and plastic netting for height but the guineas just fly to the top of one of the coops and get out from there. There's some cover trees, and mulch on the ground. The ducks have a little kiddie pool and there's a mud pit next to it.

We added a little lean to out of scraps on the side to help keep water from coming in that side window since we have no overhang. Also needed a better set up to keep feeders out of rain! If we built a coop ourselves we would have done things much differently but just trying to use things we have available!
We still are slowly adding mulch we have on our property from the power company cutting but last time we moved a bunch we both ended up with a few ticks 😫
E09CA865-B636-4A31-90EE-12497DCB9FB8.jpeg

Attached to my coops is a predator proof run that is completely covered and safe. The chickens have access to this full time. My chicken yard is not covered or predator proof. I lock them in the run at night and let them outside in the chicken yard during the day.

Back
Top Bottom