Official BYC Poll: Is your RUN Covered or Not?

Is your RUN covered or uncovered

• Total voters
Pics
Netting over the run, and we’re planning on building a hard roof this year. However, the chickens free range and the yard isn’t covered. The floor of the run is just dirt and some gravel. Inside the coop is dirt floor too but we put down hay.

Our run is not covered. It’s 8x25, but I put a small sliding door in the side & open it around noon & let them out into a bigger area that’s about 4500sqft to free range. 372FD795-8487-41ED-A762-CBFEE0BE65F0.png

2x2 hardware cloth roof, with a shaded area under the coop where they hang out when it is hot. Being in Arizona rain/wet/snow isn't an issue, but now that it is getting hotter I'll be adding shade cloth over the hwc to give them more shaded area.

New to this but our run is kind of covered as we have hardware cloth over the top. An eagle tried to carry my cat off a few years ago so I’m super paranoid of aerial threats lol. The run isn’t covered for rain protection however they can access underneath to coop from it and can get some shade/rain cover.

So ours is a bit of both, I repurposed a boat lift cover frame (aluminum) and covered it with chicken wire, screwed it into the green treat 7' posts and plan to cover the top as needed. Especially during the wet seasons around here (MN). The nice framing of the top will allo for that :)

Back
Top Bottom