Votes: 56 2.0%
  • Cats

Votes: 52 1.9%

• Total voters
27142246430037.jpeg

One more chicken killer removed.

Are your chicks alright?
What breed and age are they?

I have 10 something or others not sure. I think they are comet sexlinks, they are about 12 to 14 weeks. Six orphingtons, 12 RI Reds those are 10 weeks.

I believe it was a young hawk. The chicks all scattered and my big rooster was hiding under a tree squawking. When I walked over the hawk flew off. They are all okay.

I have 10 something or others not sure. I think they are comet sexlinks, they are about 12 to 14 weeks. Six orphingtons, 12 RI Reds those are 10 weeks.

I believe it was a young hawk. The chicks all scattered and my big rooster was hiding under a tree squawking. When I walked over the hawk flew off. They are all okay.
Oh, okay
Glad that they’re all fine! 😊

Yeah, nasty things happen with predators. And you can say humans are the worst predator with lot’s of surplus killing.
If we eat les meat/chickens, especially from the grocery store, there would be less suffering, less pollution and more room for growing vegetables and fruit.

I always feel bad at a normal BBQ for this reason and do like the more healthy BBQ with lots of salads and roasted veggies.
Yes. Also, one time we spilled chicken nuggets when we were walking outside, and they ate them! I feel guilty eating chicken, because we usually have adorable chickens staring at me!

I had a hard time with this poll because I’ve had chicken taken by all kinds of things...foxes, coyotes, bobcats, raccoons, opossums, hawks, owls, skunks, dogs, cats, rats, very large snakes, and other people...I’d say the foxes and coyotes are both bad because they get many birds in one night. Hawks are a close second. With rats third.

For 6 years, I’ve been lucky enough not to lose any chickens to a predator. I had two male ducks and I thought of them chewed up the other because they do fight sometimes. He got his head stuck in their gate and was hurt really bad. We had to put him out of his misery because he couldn’t eat or drink. Last night something got in their coop and chewed the back of my other duck’s neck and one wing looks bad. He’s drinking water and sitting in his pool. I’m guessing it was a raccoon. So heartbreaking.....

I lost 2 ducks to my own dog just yesterday! That was 2 birds out of five, leaving me with only a mini flock of 3. I am devastated. My dog hadn't touched the ducks their entire lives(7 weeks), and suddenly one is dead on the porch, and the other is missing, and likely also passed. Poor little runt drake and runt duck.:hit

I lost 2 ducks to my own dog just yesterday! That was 2 birds out of five, leaving me with only a mini flock of 3. I am devastated. My dog hadn't touched the ducks their entire lives(7 weeks), and suddenly one is dead on the porch, and the other is missing, and likely also passed. Poor little runt drake and runt duck.:hit
By chance, is your BYC avatar the perp? It has a guilty look on its face.

Back
Top Bottom