Official BYC Poll: What other animals do you have besides chickens?

What other animals do you have besides chickens?

• Total voters
Pics
I've had a virtual Noah's arc over the years, but it's quieted down as the twins have grown. My sweet, sweet doggos have passed, leaving my granddog home alone. We have one betta named Bubbles, and he-who-rules-the-household is my 11.5 year old yellow nape Amazon, Mykab
IMG_1511812486137.jpg
20200917_204943.jpg
20190620_144826.jpg

How does one get into yaks? They are awesome looking.

Get as much information as you can and then find a "good breeder" And if you can get weanlings they are much easier to "tame" down. IYAK org is a good place to start.

You can keep about 3 yaks on the same acreage as a single cow. Meat is healthier then chicken breast. You can also collect/brush them for the fiber. Milk them , raise and sell them (hopefully)

Katahdin hair sheep mixes. They shed their hair too. I have 18 of them, 17 of them are lambs, 2 of the 17 are rams and I plan to breed and sell them next year.
View attachment 2352970
The 2 rams:
View attachment 2352973
How do you like them? (I assume a lot or you wouldn't plan to breed) My husband plans to get some Katahdin sheep in the next year. He's been debating between these and goats.

Get as much information as you can and then find a "good breeder" And if you can get weanlings they are much easier to "tame" down. IYAK org is a good place to start.

You can keep about 3 yaks on the same acreage as a single cow. Meat is healthier then chicken breast. You can also collect/brush them for the fiber. Milk them , raise and sell them (hopefully)
It looks like they like colder climates. I'm in Georgia so I don't think they'd be happy here. :(

4 dogs, two emu, turkeys and ducks. Other half doesn’t want livestock :tongue one day I will have a miniature cow! Even if it just “happens to wander into the pasture”. No clue how it got there:confused:

View attachment 2357968
Goose
View attachment 2357972
A human child and her turkey
View attachment 2357973
View attachment 2357977
Road trip turkey
View attachment 2357980
View attachment 2357981
View attachment 2357983
View attachment 2357995View attachment 2357987
I’m Australian and I don’t even have Emus! Lol 😂