Official BYC Poll: What type of COOP bedding do you like best?

Which type of COOP bedding do you like best?

• Total voters
Pics
Please dont use the DE any more, its gladiator balls are bad for the chicken lungs. There is a respiratory warning on the label. hope you dont mind me saying something
I was thinking about putting some food grade DE sprinkled around the perimeter, should I not do that?

I have a question for those of you that have installed inexpensive linoleum on your coop flooring.
The wood floor of our coop sits several inches off the ground, but when I suggested that we put some on the floor, my husband warned that if the wood gets wet, the sticky tiles will fail.
Has anyone run across this problem? We get roughly 50 inches of rain a year here in northwest Tennessee.

Coffee grounds? I didn't read all 15 pages of responses, but that is actually one of the most interesting ones I've seen, what is the reasoning behind using coffee grounds??

I have a question for those of you that have installed inexpensive linoleum on your coop flooring.
The wood floor of our coop sits several inches off the ground, but when I suggested that we put some on the floor, my husband warned that if the wood gets wet, the sticky tiles will fail.
Has anyone run across this problem? We get roughly 50 inches of rain a year here in northwest Tennessee.
I'm in Middle Tennessee. I used the cheapest peel-and-stick tiles at Lowes for my coop floor and added some Goop adhesive to the undersides - especially around the edges and at the corners - as I was putting them down on the plywood floor. When it cures it's still a little flexible and I have had no issues with moisture causing it to fail.

View attachment 2185818
Hi everyone!

Please answer the poll for your what you use in your coop...not run or brooder.

(Check out more Official BYC Polls HERE!)

We use grass clippings. The birds love it and its easy to clean the coop with it in there. We add the clippings to our mulch pile after the chickens are done with it and put fresh clippings down.

Attachments

• 20200609_182130.jpg
    20200609_182130.jpg
    629.2 KB · Views: 9
We use grass clippings. The birds love it and its easy to clean the coop with it in there. We add the clippings to our mulch pile after the chickens are done with it and put fresh clippings down.
I really love your nesting boxes. What I use now are a hard plastic and when the chickens get out of them they seem to tip. How are you holding you nesting boxes off the ground?

I thought it helped deter bugs? I added some to their feed as I read that by adding it every 3 months it works as a preventative for worms?
DE is only good for giving respiratory issues to your birds and yourself. It does nothing to prevent internal or external parasites. And when it gets wet, it just washes away. The best bet is just good observation and periodic thorough health checks on all your birds.

Thats good to know. Thank you
DE is only good for giving respiratory issues to your birds and yourself. It does nothing to prevent internal or external parasites. And when it gets wet, it just washes away. The best bet is just good observation and periodic thorough health checks on all your birds.
a

Back
Top Bottom