Official BYC Poll: What type of incubator do you use?

What type of incubator do you use?

• Total voters
I used a DIY cooler incubator the first time I incubated anything, which was quail eggs, only used it once, though I still have it in case I need it. Planning on getting a Incukit from incubator warehouse to improve it. This year I have been using 3 Farm Innovator incubators, all forced are, two are analog with knobs, the other is digital. I got them off of craigslist. I think I like the analogs better, as you don't have a bright red WRONG temperature to try to ignore. I also have an old wine cooler that I am also planning on getting a Incukit for to turn it into a cabinet incubator. I am also trying to decide on some smaller incubators for my selective breeding purposes.

Last edited:
Really useful thread/poll. Thanks for the great info.

We haven't hatched in the past but decided to try to do some next spring. Incubators have been in short supply and I wasn't 100% sold on which one to get. So this thread will be helpful.

In the meantime, we got 12 silkies in hopes some will be good broodies. And we have an australorp who isn't a year old and has already gone broody twice. Between them and a small bator, we should be good to go.

I'm mostly learning from home this year, so I kinda needed something to do lol. I've use an old bowl, and made a tinfoil tray with paper towel inside for the egg. I'm going to put interchangeable moist paper towels on the bottom, and a hand warmer over the egg, Wich gets turned every 3-4 hours. I'm going to be working out the kinks with a goal at a successful hatch next spring!

Back
Top Bottom