Official BYC Poll: Which type of waterers do you like best and why?

Which type of waterers do you like best and why?

• Horizontal Nipple Waterers

Votes: 62 21.4%
  • Vertical Nipple Waterers

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • Cup Nipple Waterers

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Plain Cup Waterers

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • Poultry Fountains

Votes: 33 11.4%
  • Gravity-fed Waterers

Votes: 65 22.4%
  • Automatic Waterers

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • Bowls

Votes: 31 10.7%
  • Buckets

Votes: 20 6.9%
  • Other (please elaborate in a reply below)

Votes: 9 3.1%

• Total voters
I'm aware, I'm not overly concerned. At least the barrel has a heater in it, I'll just do what I usually do and remove ice as needed
It's usually the tiny aperture between barrel and cup that will freeze.
Can't quite tell how those work tho, wish I had my hands on one :D,
where the valve seal is is key.
Horizontal Nipple work best in a heated water scenario as they seal with a rubber Oring inside the vessel.

I use a 5 gallon bucket with nipples attached to the bottom....and a 3 gallon tray waterer. The nipple waterer is plain water and inside the coop. The tray waterer is in the run and has ACV and Minced garlic in it.....always. The birds enjoy both anf regularly drink from both. Been offering the ACV since they were 2 wks old.garlic at 4 wks they actually pull the garlic out of the water to eat. I also use garlic powder occasionally on their feed and cayenne once in a while....a small amnt mixed in well.

I have two watering stations, each with a 5-gal bucket and several nipples on the bottom. I installed a toilet bowl float in each and hooked it up to water supply pipes that go around the perimeter of my back yard. I never have to actually fill the buckets, only check to see that they're full and not leaking/running constantly.

I think the size of the flocks are an important factor. I have a lot of birds so I use auto waterers. I also have some Easy-Fill waterers but my main waterers are auto waterers. Originally I had the auto waterers inside the coops but moved them outside.

Attachments

• EZFillWaterer.jpg
    EZFillWaterer.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2488.JPG
    IMG_2488.JPG
    563.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom