Ended Official BYC Valentine Puns Contest Series - Don't Chicken Out Photo Contest

Entry #2!
8A270634-3229-4053-86CA-96911717145F.jpeg

My ducklings Quinn (Left) and Mango (Right) nearly 3 years ago. I lost them both before they were even a year old, but they were such sweet girls and the best ducks!

IMG_7360.jpg

This is Blueberry! She is a Cayuga hen.

She will turn 1 year old in April.

I bought her as a hatching egg along with 1 other Cayuga hatching egg and 4 Chocolate Runner hatching eggs, all the way from Metzer Farms in California. All 6 hatched. 5 out of the 6 were drakes! Blueberry was the only hen and that is why she is special. She has a partner named Toby who is a Chocolate Runner drake. She loves berries and earthworms. She is also delighted to quack all day long. Her eggs are small but she is a large duck!

View attachment 2504956

I bought her as a hatching egg along with 1 other Cayuga hatching egg and 4 Chocolate Runner hatching eggs, all the way from Metzer Farms in California. All 6 hatched. 5 out of the 6 were drakes! Blueberry was the only hen and that is why she is special. She has a partner named Toby who is a Chocolate Runner drake. She loves berries and earthworms. She is also delighted to quack all day long. Her eggs are small but she is a large duck!

Entry 1.

View attachment 2504956

Blueberry was hatched by a broody bantam Columbian Plymouth Rock hen who sat on all 6 DUCK eggs!

My silly guinea hen. (Her name varies greatly depending on my mood, lol) She's one year old, and I do love her very much even though she's the dumbest bird I've ever owned. She's cuddly and alerts me to anything new. Even leaves. :p
Here she is on a chilly day standing under the dryer vent. That's what she always does when she's cold. She likes the warmth I guess. 😂
20200515_195500_HDR~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom