Ended Official BYC Valentine Puns Contest Series - Wattle I Do Without You? Photo Contest

I have a developmentally challenged boy too. He hatched under a hen in a nest of 6. He and his brother survived but the brother was normal so Mushy Boy got left behind. I didn't raise him, a second hen who hatched chicks a week later let him join her & her little flock. He limps, sleeps on a low roost, can't mount the girls, sorta kinda crows but he is still here 7 months later. His "sister" loves him, she lays her eggs beside him no matter where he is. Don't tell me chickens don't love other chickens.
Not an entry:
His sister laying her egg. (His head is under the feeder.)
View attachment 2526362
Mushy himself:
View attachment 2526369

Aww, he's pretty!

View attachment 2505160
Meet Nugget. She is a beautiful Blue Laced Barnevelder. We hatched her from when she was a chick. She was the smallest - and my dad thought she wasn't going to make it through. But she pushed on and here she is. To this day, she is the most social, happy, cartoony chicken! Not to mention - on the top of the pecking order! Every day, she will come running up to me to say cluck (hey)! She always lets me pick her up! Nugget will come running as fast as she can when she hears me call: "Chook chook chook chookies!" I love nugget! And I hope you all too!
What a beautiful Barney!

I have a developmentally challenged boy too. He hatched under a hen in a nest of 6. He and his brother survived but the brother was normal so Mushy Boy got left behind. I didn't raise him, a second hen who hatched chicks a week later let him join her & her little flock. He limps, sleeps on a low roost, can't mount the girls, sorta kinda crows but he is still here 7 months later. His "sister" loves him, she lays her eggs beside him no matter where he is. Don't tell me chickens don't love other chickens.
Not an entry:
His sister laying her egg. (His head is under the feeder.)
View attachment 2526362
Mushy himself:
View attachment 2526369
He’s beautiful. Thank you for sharing this.

IMG_3711.JPG

Here's Spec(k)s:
She's...unique, she's not very smart...but I still love her!
She is an 8.5 month old Speckled Sussex. She lays some beautiful dark brown eggs. Her egg is the one on the top left, not BCM dark brown but darker than our BR and BO eggs (bottom right).
IMG_6222.JPG

loveshower.gif
Can you believe tomorrow is already Valentine's Day?! View attachment 2528541 Be sure to submit all of those last minute entries!
Valentine Contests end tomorrow, February 14th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time!
burning-love.gif

CluckNDoodle these contests were so fun! I can’t thank you and the other VPMs enough for making them happen. You do so much for us, and it really brightens my world
group hug.gif
loveshower.gif

Just in Time.
Meet Count Tel. The light speckled chicken that’s looking in the camera. She always jumps on the swing for a personal treat when I visit the girls with a box filled with treats. Sometimes another chicken joins her. But she’s always first, begging for the best mealworms, sunflower seeds or a small piece of cheese.
Count Tel is a naine de Tournaisis and 2½ years old. Hatched from fertilised eggs by a Dutch broody.
109BDD27-8E39-4901-9231-75FC1AB50156.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom