Official Christmas Hatch! c'mon and join

Quote:
Hey Mary,

I just got some of the Mille Fleur D'Uccles eggs from Banty Rooster on Sunday. I candled them today and could see embryos in every one I candled. Looks like really good fertility from his eggs!

I do have other eggs on lockdown so I would have another incubator open for a Christmas hatch.... Hmmm now where to find some interesting eggs....

I sure hope so. I am near the end of my second attempt to hatch MFD's and 3/3 quit the first time and tonight I am down to 1 viable egg out of 6 going into Day #14. Does anyone know if these guys are difficult to hatch? Both of my sets of eggs have come from Lynne at Wingshadows Hacienda in CA. Both shipments were very well packed, the boxes showed no damage, and there were no broken eggs. Of the 12 I set, 11 were viable at the first candling. From there they seem to quit midpoint. I have handled them very carefully and even bought that $85 Surefire flashlight to candle. I thought my homemade candler might be too hot. I thought the first time it might be due to the wild temp/humidity swings of the LG but this time they have incubated in style and stability in the new Brinsea. If I am not successful with Banty Rooster's eggs I am going to move on to another breed.
hit.gif

Got my Ameracauna eggs in the mail yesterday. I am hoping that the turner for my incubator gets here today or tomorrow. I don't want to wait too long so I may just go ahead and set them tomorrow.

OK, I'm in.... You talked me into it! LOL I'm setting:

from Speckledhen:
21 Heritage Delwares,
4 BBS Orps,
1 Meg and Suede egg
1 Fern egg (Fern's 4th egg ever!)

from Lund121671 (Terry):
12 White Faced Black Spanish

Maybe I'll have to set some of these darn Silkie eggs, and Serama eggs that keep accumulating here .... unless someone will come and get them! (hint hint)

Oh, this will be a fun Christmas gift! How many of us are in?

I'm here for the same reason as Asylum. Go Chickies! Go Chickies! Go! Go! Go!

My last hatch should be on Thursday, if my incubator didn't cook them (I think it was my thermometer that went insane, though.)

Calling Kathyinmo....

Hint, hint, what do you charge to send seramas and silkies (just the eggs)...Do you want to swap a beautiful Christmas collectors Barbie doll, from 2001 never been in the box for some???

I have nothing to hatch....sigh except what's already on the farm....
Will I or won't I?

Kathy, you'll love those Dellies, ours just hatched and they are just so healthy. I must go check on them......

Don't forget to stop by odd things you do during incubating, there are some really good things there in the way of tips.....

Now, I wanna hatch, oh my!

Back
Top Bottom