Official Christmas Hatch! c'mon and join

I'll be setting for a news years I believe too... I wont have the eggs set and bator warmed in time for the 4th. Although, I work a 4 day weekend on new years :-( so I might set for a day before or a day after that...heck maybe I'll just set for new years and hope they're late! IT will be my first hatch anyway so I'm not expecting much...if anyone local would be interested in RIRxLeghorn chicks though let me know! I am prob just going to give them away if this hatch is successful since it's really just a practice hatch for the spring!

fl.gif
looks like we may get chicks on Dec 23rd
fl.gif

will candle the eggs in 5 days and let you know!

this is mama hen hard at work... lost 6 eggs yesterday (none candled after a week) so this is her last chance.

we brought her in the house this morning with 7 fresh eggs from her mates... none are hers, she's just surrogating!

please wish us MUCH LUCK!

DSC_00032.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
NO ... you will not BUY them. I give them away! Better yet, why don't you just come over and I'll lend you one of my incubators, and you can hatch them! (If you want to!)

Wow, Kathy...that is so incredibly nice of you!!! I think I'd like to try hatching with an incubator, but...scary. I'll take this to PM ok?
Thanks,
Dale-Ann

Hey J.E., are you joining me on that other site's Christmas hatch as well?

Opps, I see you are.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I'm in. Tomorrow is my Birthday, so I'm gonna set whatever I have gathered and what I'll get until then (out of my own hens). I have 7 eggs so far - hoping to get a LIVE Buff Orp baby this time. Still bummed that two BO died from the broody hen - silly girl, she tried, anyway. I will also probably have a cochin or two in there.

The three survivors from the broody incident are doing good (the Thanksgiving hatch). Need to get updated pics. They're getting wing feathers and tail feathers, now - very cute babies.

meri

Back
Top Bottom