Official Contest: Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Winner!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Nifty-Chicken, Sep 3, 2010.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Hey Nifty, will there be another contest this year?

2. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

Some pretty bad molts in here. Best of luck to all contestants.[​IMG]

3. Ogress

Ogress Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2010
    North Bend, WA
    My Coop
    Need another contest - I've got one well on her way to UGLY!! (Maybe not Alex ugly, but close. She feels like a porcupine when I pick her up.

4. Ogress

Ogress Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2010
    North Bend, WA
    My Coop
  5. chickenlovefever

chickenlovefever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2011
    Quote:16mo is a normal time to molt. I don't know what that poster was talking about with mites, because of patches of missing feathers with red skin. That's how my birds always look when molting, and the red skin is caused by the sun. Naked necks have red necks because of exposure to sunshine. Exposed skin turns red. My girls look like that for a little bit, then they feather back out beautifully. If there were mites, they just wouldn't feather back out.

Are mites hard to see? Are they hard to find? my chickens had lice a while back, and I treated them once and I never saw anything again. Did they disappear, are they gone, or is it just when I pick up and look they are somewhere else? I do see some little white flecks, like dandruff, dried skin. I haven't seen anything crawling. is there a parasite that is very small and that hard to see? I have a hen and a rooster who both have broken sort of feathers ont he back of their necks, every where else is fine.

6. BuckNBark Farm

BuckNBark Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Trenton, GA
    That's freakin' hilarious! [​IMG]

7. Chickobsessed17

Chickobsessed17 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2015
    Florida
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]