*~Official Equine Thread~*

Hey Tinted

I'm a distance rider, usually competitive trail, UMECRA rules here in Michigan which is more like endurance (actually, we have LESS time than endurance riders to finish our 25 miles). We just did our first ride of the season yesterday in Michigan's U.P. and won
smile.png

My mare is an 18 yr old Arab/Saddlebred cross. She loves distance riding, but was originally used for jumping. She had fun yesterday as there was a large log laying across the trail and she got to jump it.
smile.png

Here's us in the Huron Nat'l Forest, near Grayling on Michigan's Shore-to-Shore Trail. This wasn't a competition, just a conditioning ride with a friend who rides dressage but likes to use long trail rides to build up her mare's hindquarters and stamina and also for a break from drilling dressage.
11594_izziegrayling.jpg

Here are a few pic of me and Rose at a show last year, she is 10 yrs old now, but doesn't act it. She will forever be a crazy mare and maybe by the time she is 20yrs old I can let the kids ride her. We have been through a lot together, she is the 1st foal to be born at our farm, and the 1st we ever trained ourselves. what a learning curve! going much more smoothly with baby #2.

40674_rose_and_me_2_cha_june_08.jpg

40674_rose_and_me_so_proud_cha_june_08.jpg

Fun to find BreyerFest attendees on here! I have gone the past several years with some friends. Always fun! Not sure though I will get there this year, horse show season conflicts. We'll see.

I have 9 horses here currently. I am a riding instructor, mostly I teach H/J but I have a few WP students.

I have a couple paints, saddlebred, paso fino, miniature. I have a quarter horse for sale. I lightly started him last summer and am continuing this year. I have too many projects! I have a 3 year old paint/TB to work on, an almost 2 year old paint, and a yearling paint. In the past I have also had TWH, BLM mustang, arab, OTTB, belgians.

Oh!! Great thread!!! I own horses! I've been riding since I was 8!
I ride English, Western, I LOVE to go on Endurance rides! And I do some Saddle Seat with the TWH. I also do a little dressage.

Pics of my horses!
Odie, my Warmblood
15858_odie.jpg

Breago my TWH
15858_anything9829_077.jpg
(sorry for the dark pic, I took it with my phone
roll.png
)

My QH Pecaw
15858_pictures_012.jpg

My QH Sham
15858_pictures_011.jpg

My QH Arrow
15858_pictures_015.jpg

That's all of them!

Oh and there is this other mare I ride alot, I don't own her, but I do everything for the owner, so it's like she's mine.
roll.png

Checking in!

I have 9 horse and 1 mini donkey. I'm involved in long distance riding and riding range to monitor cattle. I do horse rescue so that's how my numbers got so high, I rescued 2 mares and a colt in 2006 and the mares were pregnant. They were all starving and had respiratory infections but now healthy and happy. 2 had never been touched and one abused, the adults are trained now and the foals are well socialized and starting saddle training this year. Here is a winter picture of the gang.

IMG_0047.jpg

My main 2 are Morgan horses, Coal and Fritz. Fritz is currently my avatar, this is Coal

CoalatMikeLake.jpg

Pipra as a baby

IMG_0139.jpg

Tia and Koby

IMG_0134.jpg

I better stop there, I have tons of pictures of them all...
lol.png

Here is all three of our boys. Sunny is the little dun quarter horse, best cow pony ever and is learning dressage. Otis is the black morgan. He does vaulting, dressage, trail, some cows and soon to be carting. I use him to give vaulting lessons great horse. Reggie is a seal bay paint great jumping horse and dressage.

IMG_0745Standarde-mailview.jpg

This is Rosie she has turned out to be a great pony for my son to learn on.
IMG_0839Standarde-mailview.jpg

Back
Top Bottom