Official stud-book PMI-TN for Pavo Muticus Imperator

Pics
The breeding season 2015, starts very early!

Last Monday, the 23.02.2015, when I went in the evening though my barns, I found for my surprise the first green peafowl egg. Despite the fact that the winter is still going on and the animals were not out in the aviaries for six weeks.

I observed already the last 2.5 weeks that some of the hens have started to change the yellow colour in the face, which is normally an identical sign that they will start laying soon (but I couldn’t believe it really).

One day later (24.02.2015) I had the chance to let them out for some hours into the aviaries and then there was really something going on. The males had a matting race and you could hear their callings all the time.

Let’s see what the new breeding season will bring us.
I wish all much success.

I buy the peanuts raw without shells. Normally in a bag of 25kg. At the beginning they are looking a little bit droll, but if they get used to, they nearly would die to get some.
If you have a shy one, with peanuts you get it tame. I always give them in the evening some peanuts. I use the peanuts to check the bird’s conditions too. Normally they are more and less driving crazy when they see me with the peanuts. If once a bird is acting a little bit different then I know I have to check the health condition. So I could prevent that any of my imported green peafowl died. Because I realized always at the first day that something is not ok and I could react immediately.

Good luck with the breeding season and I hope your hand recovers quickly.
smile.png

Do your peahens always use the nest box or do they prefer to just make a nest on the ground somewhere?
I never had much luck with my nest boxes.
Since I have the new design with the camouflage net, the hens are all using the nest boxes. This works really well now. It is their instinct to hide the nest like in the wild where they are going into bushes or into high and tight grass.

In the first year I had to train them a little bit. I took away all eggs, which they laid somewhere and put nest eggs into the boxes. The nest eggs are empty peafowl eggs, which I have filled with gyp. They are looking like peafowl eggs and having a similar weight. Due to this the hens were starting to accept the boxes.

Some young hens were starting to lay from the perch and then I removed in the evening all the perches that they have no chance to go up and then they were accepting the nest boxes too. Now they are knowing and accepting the boxes.

Impressions from the mating season

These are pictures of my imported males I've made with cloudy sky on the last Saturday (28.02.2015).

Pictures from the Sunday afternoon walk with my first green peachicks from 2015 (two weeks old now).
With all artificial bred chicks I walk every day min. 1 hour on the grassland that the muscles and tendons of the long legs are optimal trained.
Another thing is, the chicks are totally excited how many insects they can find to eat.

The first green peafowl chicks for 2016 are here now.
The hens started laying very early this year and due to this yesterday the first chicks are eclosed.
I wish all of you a good and successful breeding season.

This is what I found at a visit to a european breeder. 2 birds from the official Imperator studbook PMI Germany what look very shabby and not as outstanding birds. A female with lot of white feathering, very few and dull wing cover color, and complete brown back. A male of 2 years, having less than the size of a female, very short crest and also the same few coloring an the wings. It seems, that the PMI breeding Germany keeps and sells different types of imperator birds. The owner of these birds confirmes the origin of these birds from the PMI - TN program Germany, both bought from the same location. All birds look great on the website pics of the breeding farm, but if you have them really in nature ??? see the pics.
View attachment 1413965

View attachment 1413966

View attachment 1413967

Al lot of in your post are very strange. First of all, this male is never ever two years old! If it is two years old then it is for sure not a pure muticus! Where it is coming from I don't know, but it is not registered in the studbook otherwise I should now it and it should have rings.

When you make Pictures of hens it is very important to know the conditions in spring they are very colourful and then it gets less and less depending on how much sun they are having.

I made a post on 21.05.2018 on my facebook side where you can see all my breeding birds and some offspring from this year. The pictures which you see in this post are all made on 20.05.2018.
https://www.facebook.com/Pfauenfarm-143853162430406/
For everything else I’m not responsible.

Back
Top Bottom