offshore fishing

haha, funny post there yall.

You aint telling me nothing I dont know on fun to raise. I have 444 breeder birds as of this weekend, had to do NPIP inventory for my permits. My God, didnt think I had that many, bantams, wild turkeys, peafowl, and waterfowl...dont take long I guess.

Quote:
cant wait, get 'em loaded up.

Wish I hadnt lost all mine off the computer, had to scan all these from 35 mm pics. We just about dont even take a camera with us any more. My wife slowed down on going, she got an inner ear / equilibrium thing that started up and it's hard for her not to get sick any more, she unfortunately was the camera buff and took some awesome pics all day long while we were doing it.

got to go Monday again finally
Had several really nice snapper, some good grouper, loads of barracuda, a nice 180 pound nurse shark, and the best part was 3 nice cobia, a 40 a 50 and a 70 pounder

I am also an avid salt water fisherman. Began when I first moved to Florida in 1964 and continues to this day. We have a beach house on Hutchinson Island in Florida and have fished the Keys, West Coast of Florida, Mexico, lots of places in South American. My one big hangup is that I am strictly catch and release except for the fish we will personally eat or give away. It has been my habit for years to let my guide and crew know that upfront and agree to pay them extra to make up for what they would normally make by selling the catch. For the past 15 years I have released every fish by the side of the boat without ever taking it on board. Having said that I really do not have any problems with other sport fisherman bringing in their entire catch to shore with the exception of fish like tarpon, swordfish and some other billfish. I guess it is a personal preference and probably does not do anything beneficial considering the depletion caused by commercial and long line fishermen.

i love fishing joined the af last yr and came to south korea right after techschool havent rly gotten a chance to fish here (guy at work says big fish in korea only like 1ft long anyway) but my follow on is hawaii ive never been saltwater fishing(from ohio and never left) and i cant wait to get there in like 8months biggest fish ive ever cought was a 69pound shovelhead catfish cant wait to catch something over 300pounds

Quote:
Oh there's no problem with that at all, wish more did it. I have caught lots of bill fish and tarpon and they are ALWAYS released there is no reason at all to kill them.
Now, I am a huge fish eater, so the others do go in the ice. BUT I do eat every last bit of it. One thing I cant stand is folks who waste fish. Seen many let them spoil in the coolers cause they are "too tired" afterward to clean and properly put them away. That's just wrong to me, with any game for that matter. I also aint really big on those who do it and sell their catch (which is illegal in the US unless you have commercial license by the way) or those that catch them just to give it all away, UNLESS it's to those in need.

Overfishing is becoming a problem, at least in the SAMFC eyes, so if you cant personally eat it all your self. Yep toss them back and give some one elese a shot at a nice fish. Keep what you can eat in a reasonable time and let the others fight another day!

My only exception would be for potential IGFA world records.

6276639049_66b0902160_m.jpg

Last edited:
We fish the flats in Tampa almost every weekend. This is my father's hobby, but I love going out and fishing with him. We fish for Snook, Redfish, and trout.

Trout
6277176928_ceed3bed6f_m.jpg

Trout
6276655899_f3dbff99d2_m.jpg

My 5 year old son gettin it!
6276655949_2f61f00677_m.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom