OH Brother!

Sherry

Songster
12 Years
Apr 8, 2007
Southern WV
So I know I have one roo at 14 weeks old. I am treated to a serenade at 7 every morning.
I also have 4 10 week old chicks. This morning my solo serenade turned into a trio. Evidently 2 of the 4 10 week old "pullets" are verrrrry squeaky boys!
lol.png

I'd not been around chickens since I was a kid. So this is like a gift. You open it and you have chicks. A few weeks later you get to find out what you really got.
big_smile.png

There is a fellow around here that raises chickens. I bought 3 red star pullets from him. He has a gaurantee of sorts, if your pullets turn out to be roos he'll take them back and replace with pullets. Pretty good deal huh?

Anyway, to make a short story long
big_smile.png
, I asked him if he'd be interested in any extra roos and he said sure, he'd take them. Plus, my dad is 76 and he loves roosters. I think he'd like to have one (to sit at the picnic table with him), but I think he's afraid Mom won't let him.
lol.png
I'll just take it up with a bag of feed and let it loose one day. He'll love it and Mom can't make me take back what I can't catch right?

I think would make a dandy Father's day gift.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom