Oh C#!* what should I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabrielle1976

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Columbia river gorge
Darn it Im at my sisters house and she has and unbealvebly talanted mouser cat this cat brings something down every day mouse mole shrew birds of all sizeses, and theres a mouse that just ran across the kitchen , the cat is sleeping on the bed at the moment , Should I try to catch the mouse or scare it or put the cat outside?
Please no comments of an offending nature about the cat eating the mouse ect im looking to avoid that .

Mice usually come in through the basement. If there is a dime-sized hole, they'll easily squeeze through that opening. Get down on your hands and knees and seal up all openings with concrete, steel or copper wool or expandable caulking. Clean up any food that might be tempting to the little critters.

You can get some traps that will catch mice without endangering your cats or using poisons. If you decide to relocate mice, do it at least a mile away from your home, or they'll find their way back.

An inexpensive way to get rid of mice is to put water in a 5 gallon bucket, add some dishwashing soap to break the surface tension. Place this where you see many of the critters. They'll try to get in for water but won't be able to get out.

If you look at youtube.com, there are many ingenious homemade traps that can be designed at little or no cost.

Suzy

frow.gif

My cats do this all the time. The other night they brought in a bat! and turned it loose in the house, what a chore that was!

What I arm myself with is a clear container and a pair of tongs. (the kind you use to turn food while cooking) Then try and corner the mouse or trap it under the container. Use the tongs to pick it up if you can and place it in the container and re locate the mouse out doors.

Good hunting!

Well thanks everyone for the quick responses
Im sorry I wasnt clear. Im not afriad of the mouse , I was afraid for the mouse. I didnt want the cat to get it.
I was able to make it run back outside
celebrate.gif
and hopefullly it will stay outside.
Thank you all for youre responses , I dont need any about how to kill the mouse Im trying for the opisit effect.
I think I am good now

Aw man I would have gone and got the cat and caught the mouse with him. If I see a mouse here we catch those mice together. My cats have caught mice and passed them back and forth to each other to smack around for a while before doing it in.

I was at Target this past fall and saw a baby field mouse on the floor in the electronics dept. It was a very busy Saturday full of Holiday shoppers, and my kids quietly drew my attention to it, because they know other people don't work like we do...I pull worms out of the ditch when it rains...

Anyway, I got the poor little thing and walked outside with it in my coat pocket and released it into the field next door- Target's on the edge of town.

I *KNOW* I'm nut, but it feels better to care about all creatures than to be apathetic and removed (to me, anyway).

Kudos on the mouse rescue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom