Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

Here's one that made me laugh!
lau.gif

rooster - $7 (iona)

Date: 2011-09-10, 9:06PM MDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

young rooster for sale. white longhorn. $7.00.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2592632527

N&MSchroeder :

Here's one that made me laugh!
lau.gif

rooster - $7 (iona)

Date: 2011-09-10, 9:06PM MDT

young rooster for sale. white longhorn. $7.00.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2592632527

hide.gif

Now I am scared of my chickens. I have leghorns I sure hope they don't grow longhorns.​

dominique and cuckoo maran chickens - $1 (ellettsville)
Date: 2011-09-12, 5:14AM EDT

these are show quality chickens that are about a month and a half old the only reason for selling is that we have waaaaaaay to many! we are asking one dollar each and we have seven available if you want all of them we will take $5 for the group! contact me via text or call at 812xxxxxxxx

http://bloomington.craigslist.org/grd/2594195832.html

----------------------------

Now the reason this one amuses me, is because these are not "show quality" chickens.

I know this, because I hatched them from my birds. lol These people bought a bunch of extra young roos I had, and I think maybe by the next day they had listed them for sale. They didn't specify "show quality" in that first posting, but did say they'd be good for 4-H or something, which I think they would. I think they also specified that they were all roosters the first time, this time they didn't...I don't know if they're just trying to get more interest by not stating that up front or if they're trying to sell them as not roosters. lol

My birds are not bad birds, but my stock came from hatcheries, so the "show quality" sales pitch amuses me.

roll.png

Last edited:
It is bad enough they lack proper capitalization, punctuation, spelling and grammar...but the thing that got me was the 5lb white bantam! What???

How difficult is it really to hit the shift or caps button when typing "I"? It drives me BONKERS!!!

salmon faverolle bantams (cazenovia)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-09-12, 9:02PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi i sould have about a dozen or more baby salmon faverolle bantams around the 22nd of this month. My bantams are show stock and are beutiful birds. if i don't sell them i will keep them and exspand my flock. i am asking $10 each. the parents are here for you to see this is the only batch till next spring. i also have 3 dark cornish in the incubator i dont know how many will hatch make me a offer. I also have some bbrs in the incubator i am asking $5each. thanks can get pics of parents if you would like. I also have some blue cochin bantams about 5 weeks,a delaware rooster about 5 weeks ,and 3 wyandotte roosters almost 13 weeks ,a black rooster1 year ,and a big white hen bantam about 5lbs 9 months. thanks

They have a thing for the word "standrad".......

Astrolorp and Standrad Cochin Laying Hens - $10 each

Author: Poland, IN (137.112.62.98) - 09/13/2011 (13:11)
[ send email to this person ]

Astrolorp and Standrad Cochin Laying Hens - $10 each 2 Standrad Cochin Roosters - $10 each

Initially, I thought their rabbits had bred, repeatedly, and they were overrun with kits:

Bunny plague -outdoor or indoor - $4 (Richmond VA)

Date: 2011-09-14, 1:16PM EDT

Bunny Hiding in the Garden Plague
Butterfly on his nose
Plaque is made of weather resistant fabric - can easily be spray painted or flowers individually painted
Shown in satin teal color (please excuse flash glare on first picture attached)
Measures 13" x 9"

Great addition to your interior or exterior decor
Can be used in your garden, hung on the deck, on the porch or patio or used indoors

Price 4.00

CASH ONLY
first come first served, no holds.
No texting or email available.
PLEASE CALL 356-7156

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2558633710

Back
Top Bottom