Oh Craigslist, You Amuse Me So!

http://clovis.craigslist.org/reo/3581048519.html Anyone else think this is a BIT ridiculous?!?!?!

What's wrong with it is my question. Termites? Is it trashed inside so your in essence buying a lot with a tear down? Is it next to a sink hole? Prison? airport runway 5 feet from the back door? was it built on a toxic waste dump? was there a cannibalistic serial killer who lived there while he committed the murders? In my area if the house is in decent shape, about this size and on a quarter acre lot it would go for at least 2x that price, maybe more....... I would love to live where property is that cheap...... I guess they must be making more land where you live because property values around here makes that look like there is something wrong with it.

http://clovis.craigslist.org/reo/3581048519.html      Anyone else think this is a BIT ridiculous?!?!?!

What's wrong with it is my question. Termites? Is it trashed inside so your in essence buying a lot with a tear down? Is it next to a sink hole? Prison? airport runway 5 feet from the back door? was it built on a toxic waste dump? was there a cannibalistic serial killer who lived there while he committed the murders? In my area if the house is in decent shape, about this size and on a quarter acre lot it would go for at least 2x that price, maybe more....... I would love to live where property is that cheap...... I guess they must be making more land where you live because property values around here makes that look like there is something wrong with it.
heh. Around here the property is worth enough that it would be a great deal anyway. Bulldoze the place and build a new house with even the same square footage and you'd make money. Or even just don't do a thing and turn it around. I own one now that needs remodel, etc. And is smaller than that is. Yet the market value, not because of the house at all, is shall I say at least 3 times that much?

Saw one today that said,
"chickens--Call for pricing" and then had the number. That is it. Chickens...

I'm a little less than amused by some of the CL buyers. I'm trying to sell a couple of roosters right now and it drives me crazy how many people will ask if they can buy an entirely different breed/sex. One of the roosters is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. I posted a picture of him with no other chickens in the picture, because the last time I had people offereing to buy all the other chickens in the picture, all that is except for the one that was actually listed for sale! My first email was from a guy who wanted to know if I had a Silver Laced Cochin rooster for sale too. Um...no. Last time I had some cross bred SS/Welsummers on CL, someone kept asking if I had a flock of Speckled Sussex for sale (a couple SS were in the picture of the crosses, so I made a mental note to single out any chicken I had planned to sell before I took a picture next time). The time before that, I was giving away a cull Buff Orpington rooster. A guy told me he would pick him up the next day but since he was going through all the trouble of driving two hours, he thought I should throw in a BO hen. Since I only had 3 BO hens, the cream of the hatch, I told him I couldn't do that. Of course, he got offended. Now I understand some of the overly specific ads I've seen specifically stating what they will and will not sell and telling people not to bother if they want any other breed, number, etc.

I've been getting annoyed at the calls I've been getting lately. I'm selling our registered Jersey cow. Bred back to registered bull. Asking 1100.00 for her. Had a guy call and say "My neighbors said they'd pay 800.00 for a jersey cow." I said "Well, I hope they find one." And hung up.

We have found a few properties like that...I think most are scams.

I'm a little less than amused by some of the CL buyers. I'm trying to sell a couple of roosters right now and it drives me crazy how many people will ask if they can buy an entirely different breed/sex. One of the roosters is a Silver Laced Wyandotte. I posted a picture of him with no other chickens in the picture, because the last time I had people offereing to buy all the other chickens in the picture, all that is except for the one that was actually listed for sale! My first email was from a guy who wanted to know if I had a Silver Laced Cochin rooster for sale too. Um...no. Last time I had some cross bred SS/Welsummers on CL, someone kept asking if I had a flock of Speckled Sussex for sale (a couple SS were in the picture of the crosses, so I made a mental note to single out any chicken I had planned to sell before I took a picture next time). The time before that, I was giving away a cull Buff Orpington rooster. A guy told me he would pick him up the next day but since he was going through all the trouble of driving two hours, he thought I should throw in a BO hen. Since I only had 3 BO hens, the cream of the hatch, I told him I couldn't do that. Of course, he got offended. Now I understand some of the overly specific ads I've seen specifically stating what they will and will not sell and telling people not to bother if they want any other breed, number, etc.
Often times people are just dumb...No way around it.

I've been getting annoyed at the calls I've been getting lately. I'm selling our registered Jersey cow. Bred back to registered bull. Asking 1100.00 for her. Had a guy call and say "My neighbors said they'd pay 800.00 for a jersey cow." I said "Well, I hope they find one." And hung up.
You were offended by that? I think that if you don't say "firm" that you are telling people you expect them to make an offer. I think if they actually called instead of emailed, that that means they are at least fairly serious...

Back
Top Bottom