Oh darnit all ! why does this happen to me ! Chick dead ! Horrific day

bahamas

Songster
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
:hitOk guys currently 9i'm greiving and excuse me if i'm not riting wiuth my speling correct but 9i'm trying.
yesterday was the last time i saw skittle and tequila since this morning .they were nice and happy and i put sum food i the coop and gave them sum berrires. this morning before opening up the coop i notice the lampo is of i reconnect the wire and put the plugs in and the lamps on. i open the coop to say hello to the little guys. i can se a part of skittles head in the corner and i'm thinking oh ok shes in the corner with tequila. But i scan the coop far and wide . A small feather there and here but no tequila. so then skittles come up slowly to be and she looks horrible she was bleeding and her arm is torn and twisted a bit.
somad.gif
:rant:hitShe has been attacked. so i mediatly se the white dog that appeared the day before googles was eaten. i First check the wire to see is\\f it was rtipped but nothing just as safe as before it has two latches and they were all in tact.i chased the gog and put skittles in a box to show dad and mom. When i get there i immedialtele start bawling out crying and dadfs like hey stop that why u crying ? for a little animal ??? Normaly dads upset wiuth me just for setting foot in the house but now hes extra mad at me for crying. i continue to cry and he gets mad at me and yelling at me to put " that little chick back in that coop " .. during the incubation brooding and hatching period of the chickens dad wasnt suppos\
tive at all.They would have been inside in there cardboard brooder if not for him they doo tiny cheepsa but twice or so a fday and dad says hey u ned to take dem thar chickens out of the house i cant sleep ! :hitSo on my way toschool in the car i start crying again.. get getrs all upset again about how i'm crying and yells aat me for doing so. he say wipe you face. Your too big for that foolishness! he says. i wiped my face a dn continued to cry on the inside. i got to school away from the man who calls imself a dad and stand in the hall with the rest of kid in my class waitng on mr williams to arrive toopen up the clas door. every one is talking exceptme . and usualy i do the most of it . Sis thomp my sunday school teacher who works there also notices she comes up to me and asks me what happened and i told her nothing even tho there was a big dumthing going on. Now at this point every1 knows that i have hatched two of my eggs and that i named them and i often update them about whats goiing on that is my closest freinds !now this mornign ricarla asks me whats wrong after sis. Thomp leaves , she says ? what did ur parents do ? Ur chicks ?I say , trying to hold back tears ..." their dead " i tell her the horrific story in full detail . also all the rest of my freinds were listening in that were there. they in tern tell the rest of those who were there at this point i beging to cry softly . so Mrs cameron ( history ) wals pass .. Normaly i greet her loudly by saying ........ " good mnorning ms cammeron , how are you tyoday ? . My u look stunning in that dress how was your day ? she starts to snicker after they told her . And then she leaves. At luch brandon insults laughs and makes fun of me for having my chiks . then seldonm sayss " dont worry l;es , theree weere they belong in a better place , HELL ! I yell at brandon and every1 ones like OMG leslie u just sauid that brandon u got served ! so he continues yelling at me and my bay did not go good! The one day i coime to school without stain marks on my shirst is the most horrible day for me ! i came home adn skittle was alive she eats snaks out of my hand still and moves arroung d normaly its just her arm i'll have to let grandpa get it checked out but dad would nevber even let me think of asking him to tsake her to the vet !what could have done this ?Dog snake and raccon have been ruled out. I'm not sure about rat beacuse the patch where i repatched the wire where there is a hole is way to small for the rats that live here to get thru the rats here are nearl;y the size of dpgs if you bring your yourkie here please hold it in your hand beacuse these rats are nearly twice as big ! Could it have been a rat ?

Last edited:
Sweetheart I don't know what got your babies but I am so sorry it happened!
hugs.gif
to you. I hope at least your teachers understood, and I bet your sunday school teacher would be happy to listen to you when you need to 'blow off some steam' as it were. I will be praying for your heart to heal soon!
hugs.gif

thanx i made some alcohol mix to clean her wound . Jbaravich is awesome helped me so much in chat ! When i go home i gotta clean her wind off. so no infection persisist withour personifications of one's interjection. i have no idea what i'm talking about but anyways thanx !

Oh Sweetie, I am so sorry. Sometimes parents and friends just don't understand how much it hurts to lose a little feathered friend. Most of us here do, and we can feel your pain. I lost my favorite little cockeral, Eddie,l yesterday, too.
When my little bantam hen sat on 3 eggs, two of them hatched and one couldn't make it out of his shell. After a whole day I helped peel him out. He had some health issues and I knew he wasn't "quite right", but I pampered and babied him and he grew (though not as well as the other 2). He was only 4 months old and his comb started turning blue. He would get very tired after any exertion. We knew his little heart just wasn't strong enough for him. He died yesterday morning and it was as if I lost a friend or relative. Sometimes you can get so close to a pet and it hurts so bad when you lose them. No matter what anyone tells you, it IS ok to cry. It is a healthy, natural way to grieve. I only had Eddie 4 months, but I loved him dearly. His "specialness" just made him so sweet and lovable.
Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

All I can say is what i'm really sorry and that some people really don't understand the value of the life of a pet to one and i wish i was there to help, I had a hen whose name was Center i had her for 7 years and loved her dearly . she passed away recently . i know that words do not help much with such things but wish there was something i could say to comfort you . So tonight i'll pray for you and that skittles will be better soon.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I don't have any advice as to what got your babies, but I am so sorry this happened to you
sad.png

I am so sorry your dad wasn't more understanding of your feelings. The animals around here are mostly "my thing" but my kids and my husband are always concerned about my feelings if I lose something, the same as I have always worried about and comforted my kids when they lose something special.

sending hugs your way
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom