OH dear GOD, I am gonna need help!!! LONG!! PICS!

This is what an Irish Wolfhound is supposed to look like:
40005232.JPG

The Scottish Deerhound looks very similar:
scottish-deerhound-0001.jpg

I hearya warcard...I LOVE big dogs...and the sighthounds just ROCK!

Glad your roos are doing so well, Ozark...I like to hear happy rescue stories.

They are definately Wolf hounds. She was telling me several months back...she was breeding them..and a woman actually brought her female over...to be bred with the male. Both females lost thier litters....I am sure due to the cold temps. One of the females didnt make it. She said she was getting ready to take it to the vet...when the poor dog just layed down and died. So sad. I just wish people like her would not own ANY animals. SO sad. Im not sure if the dogs that were there when I was there the other day were HER dogs...or if she was just haveing them bred to her male. I have a hard time talking to this woman....and being nice. I know, if I am not nice, I will not get to save these babies....but DANG its hard to be nice.

If she continues to have animals in these conditions, you need to report her. Since your Humane Society will not do anything, take it to the sheriff's office. Make sure to show them the pictures of the birds you rescued. If the police don't do anything find a Humane Society in a local county that will.

She needs to be stopped. If the rest of her animals are in the shape those birds were, she needs to be limited or restricted from keeping animals.

-Kim

I haven't read the whole thread but I have to ask -- what causes feet (nails) to look that horrible? Is if from being on a wire cage bottom where they can't scratch? -- poor diet? Do I have to clip my birds nails so they don't look like that?
hmm.png

Please be careful if you get a Wolfhound. They are great dogs but are a sight hound so will go after you chickens. They are FAST. We had one, and he was great for me, but he the worst separation anxiety and was a Houdini and could get out of anything. He even broke out of the vet's kennels.
roll.png
8 ft fence and a lock was not a challenge.

Deb, can I paypal you a small donation to help with care of these animals? PLMK.

Sheriff's department should help, or else call your brand inspector about livestock being abused. If there's a local animal sanctuary, get them involved. They can rattle some cages, too, and sometimes have inroads that a single person doesn't have.

I had to get the local animal rescue involved when someone was starving BLM horses. Animal Control wouldn't come out because they said they had no jurisdiction... But after the rescue got involved, I got a call from the Animal Control director and their people were out the next morning to check on the horses.

Hi Deb, here is an updated picture of your "boys", we just love them. White one is named...for all of who don't know...Capt. Jack Sparrow...trust me the name fits him. lol The brown one is Scrapper as he fought for his place on the roost right beside the main rooster!!! Rooster pecked him something awful but he ducked his head into the side of the roo and held on to that roost. Now he can go anywhere inside the coop...unlike Jack who hides behind the door in between the coops or hides in a nesting box, got to love him though.
big_smile.png
When I do a head count at night and look behind the door to see if Jack is there he screams like a girl
lau.gif

DSC02917.jpg

DSC02920.jpg

DSC02919.jpg

Even up to this past spring, Jack wouldn't come close to the house. Now he comes running when I take out treats.
love.gif

forgot to add: we still have to clip Scrapper's toe nails a bit at a time. His feet are pretty much the same but he gets around just great. We check them often and they are deformed but usuable.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom