OH dear GOD, I am gonna need help!!! LONG!! PICS!

Yes sweetheart, you can. If i come into money soon, which you never know my luck!!! ill be there to help you.
C'mon everyone, ill bet Deb has some camping sites on her property, you could have a wonderful BYC camping trip and learn lots about diseases etc, like a seminar. Pack your gloves!!

smile.png
Bantymum, you are such a dear. I have a spare bedroom, to the first one here! LOL Large ceder armoir....full size bed, book case headboard, and covered with home made quilts!!!
The nail trimming will be the hardest part...im just so scared I will hurt them more. How long will it take to get rid of the scaley leg mites, with the vasoline?? Hopefully SOON!

hit.gif
Oh gosh Deb... so sad...
hit.gif

Maybe try some minerial oil for their leg mites or the vasoline would work too. I think you dip their feet for 10 - 20 seconds, them repeat in a week or so.
hit.gif

Do you have any electrolites or Avia Charge ? That might give them a much needed boost. Poor birdies.
Deb, you are an angel. Wish I could help ya out...
Let us know how it's going, okay
smile.png

Miriam

You are an amazing person for taking on this responsibility!!! I wish I could take a couple for you! If you need help paying for something, let me know, I can try and help! And are you thinking about shipping some of the birds?

Deb, They should die off rather quickly with the vas. it will suffocate them.
I used sump oil on my rescues, worked a treat!!! Go getem girl!
Oh and try and gradually clip those nails and spurs so it gives time for the quick to recede.
Oh and that big bed with the quilt sounds great!!! I see those sweet American homes on tv and I really love them.

Last edited:
You are saving their lives that is for sure. How did their nails get that way? I am still new to this, do you have to clip a chickens nails? What about that roos spurs? Do you have to clip those also, or do they wear them down themselves by walking and scratching and ranging?
hu.gif

Jennifer.....I dont think I will be able to ship. They have just been through so much already. I WILL have to try and seperate the roos tho. Already scrapping a bit. ANYONE that wants a few...or more..LOL. PLEASE, let me know. I wont be able to keep them forever. They are in the hospital pen...and unfortunately...I use this pen alot!

I have never had to clip the nails on my chickens. They wear them down on the dirt and by scratching. I would say that Deb's rescues were stuck in a wire floor cage which prevented them from scratching.

Bantymum, do you know about the roos spurs? How do they wear them down, or do we clip those? I couldn't imagine that we would have to clip those, but do they also wear them down themselves?
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom