Oh dear......here we go again!!!!! *sigh*

I would have never thought to check them either until the ones two years ago. My mother is always the one who finds them and then she calls me. LOL I am just glad I went by her house today or this guy would have died tonight, however.

We dropper feed them puppy formula until they get big enough to eat solid food. Every 2 hours day and night and then use a q-tip to stimulate them to potty after each feeding. They are a TON of work!!!

Last edited:
Well, the last ones we raised (there were 4) really got tame. Except for one HUGE male. He never seemed as friendly, even as a tiny baby. He was very aggressive with food (which is necessary to survive in the wild) and he finally just left one day. My mother has one girl and we have a boy (neutered) and a girl. They (my two) are temporarily staying at my Uncle's house right now though and he is just loving them.
smile.png
Not sure he will let them come home.

As small as this baby is, you have your work cut out for you! Opossums are marsupials that give birth to several babies that then make their way to the pouch. There, they attach to a teat and continue to grow inside the pouch. It's likely that this little one won't survive, but you could try tube feeding it warm goat milk. Keep it warm and feed small amounts frequently. Look up opossums online, and get some info on babies (about the same age) with mom - then improvise. Good luck!

Last edited:
Quote:
Now I know who to send any possums I find to!!!
ep.gif

Don't know if I could deal with raising a possum or not!! Can you legally send a possum in the mail- Oh well - Arkansas is not that far from here-- Ps - I'm skeered of possums!!!

Flush It!
tongue2.gif

I love possums, they are so strange looking. When will it start to get furry?

How do you keep them as pets? Like a cat? Do they live inside or out?

Yeah, what a cutie. I would have never thought to check something like that either. Keep up us updated on how he does.

I rescued some baby rabbits once and bottle fed them till they were big enough to let go. I don't know what happened to them after release but I always hoped they made it ok.

Now, CWC, be sure to check your mail constantly for the baby!!! LOL Scared of them, huh!!! LOL I think they are cute.
smile.png

Mine live in the house...and yes, much like a cat. Mine use puppy pads though, not a litter box, though I have heard some people's do. The love to snuggle under blankets, cuddle with stuffed toys, be played with and held. They happily submit to bathing and nail clipping. They really are sweet.
smile.png

I am not 100% sure this little guy is going to make it...not because of his age, but because he is really weak from his long night in her cold pouch. He was very chilled when I found him and he seems very......tired, I guess. I honestly don't remember how long it took my others to get all furry....they were just a touch bigger than him when we found them, but, that was 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom