Oh dear......here we go again!!!!! *sigh*

Quote:
I think the reason I'm scared is that people used to bring us grown coons and possums in cages to fatten up and me being the oldest I'm the one that had to feed them . These things were not happy about being caught and they tried everything they could to get to me through the wire. They were wild and scared. And I was even more scared than them!! Go ahead and post your phobia over there- it can't be worse than some of the ones already there- Some people don't even like cotton balls.

Yeah, that makes sense!!!! Cotton balls!!! Alright, I am good. I may go do that.
smile.png

Awww! What a softy you are! Now I'm done in and I too will be checking possum carcasses.
lol.png
I'm actually badly afraid of getting bit by one.

Rooster you are BRAVE! That was a wild possum with BIG teeth! It could have gone ninja possum on you!

LOL I can just see it now....everyone will be stopping to check every opossum they see!!!
smile.png
Be forewarned, if you have to pull a baby out of the pouch....it is NASTY in there!!!!

Quote:
The way that I catch them is just behind the jaw, there is no way they can bite me while in that position.

Rooster -Red If I find one here - I'm calling you!! Them thangs SKEER ME!!!!!

Aw, I have never raised baby Opposums but my dad is a logger and growing up he brought I dont know how many baby squirrels home for us to raise and bottle feed. I think we used Kitten formula. Now those are some cool pets.
BTW< I second that Abraham is spitting image of U!

So sweet!
love.gif
I think thats wonderful that you stopped and checked for him! Our wildlife care center told us, if we saw a dead possum, to check for same, now look you found a little one. I love his name, Joey. We have one, she is now grown, we got her when she was MUCH bigger than he is, at least old enough to be away from mom, we think, anyway. Enjoy the little guy, and please keep us posted. You're wonderful for helping him.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom