Oh man, I had to open the incubator- please keep your fingers crossed!

littlelemon

Songster
12 Years
Mar 15, 2007
Ohio
My eggs are due to hatch on Wednesday. Today is Monday, and I opened the incubator to take out the egg turner.

Lo and behold I heard cheeping, and when I took a closer look I noticed that 4 of the eggs had pips! I quickly moved the eggs, took out the turner, added water to the trough, and put the lid back on. None of the eggs have broken, there are just 4 little pips.

I am SO worried! On my very first hatch 3 years ago I opened the lid during a hatch and lost 2 chicks that way. Now, they were much further along in the hatch, but since then I have NEVER opened the lid at all, and my hatches have been good. I am really, really hoping that because the membrane was not yet broken that the chicks won't be affected. I will just cry if I lose those 4 chicks, I only have 12 due to hatch.

I can't believe my eggs are hatching 2 days early! They have always pipped right on day 21, never day 19
sad.png

Last edited:
If you just gotta open your box in the last three days get you a spray bottle of water. Adjust it to a fine mist and each time you open it up give the insides a light misting before closing it up again. The humidity will quickly come back up.

A.T. Hagan :

If you just gotta open your box in the last three days get you a spray bottle of water. Adjust it to a fine mist and each time you open it up give the insides a light misting before closing it up again. The humidity will quickly come back up.

That is what I do too so there isn't too much humidity loss.​

Mine are due wednesday too! What are you hatching? I've got blue and copper marans that were shipped as well as some of my own mutts.
big_smile.png

Sending you good luck vibes!!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom