Oh man it's been a while.

magicpigeon

Songster
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
Ahem.
So I've been meaning to post an update for a while but have never really gotten round to doing it
roll.png
So lately among everything else we've farewelled two old friends

Charlie the Ringneck Dove

And Homer the pigeon (who if you remember, hatched our 2 silkie eggs ;)
However fortunately enough, shortly before Homer's passing she managed to have 2 (pigeon) chicks one of which - bear with me here - looks just like her! I have to get a picture of them sometime, so far I've only got videos.
Morbid as it sounds I think the cause of death for my little ringneck must have been some kind of seizure (he was injured in '07 by an indian myna and ever since then has never really been 100%) but Homer probably died of old age. From what I've read anyway, pigeons from the city here don't live very long at all.
hmm.png

On the subject of getting more (heh) chickens, I haven't managed to find any new birds recently though I'm looking into either welsummers or buff sussex. (We're down to 7 chickens now due to finding out a couple were roosters and selling off most of the rest LOL. I miss having a big flock XD)
Last but not least it's been raining like crazy, not really like Australia at all and y'all probably think I'm a wimp for complaining when it snows in America, but it's all relative, right?
tongue2.gif
So I've been sitting inside for most, if not all of the day lately thinking of summer...

Hey MP, long time no speak :frow
Sorry to hear bout your pigeons. Funny about hatching the silkie eggs though... :lol: I never heard that particular story, although that's probably because I lived in the social section of the forums until earlier this year :lau
It has been raining like heck. Nice weather today though, for the public holiday, so whoopee.

Back
Top Bottom