ozark_chickies

Songster
8 Years
Jun 19, 2011
Arkansas
smile.png
We bought baby chicks in April, and they are now old enough to lay eggs
wee.gif
, got four today! My first came Aug 22, from a Buff Orpington, and she has been laying almost everday. Todays eggs came from 2 RIR, and 2 BO!

Wow!!!! Ours were purchased in April too, but only one of them is laying. I am still waiting on the day when I open the egg doors and see more than one egg. (I live in West Fork, AR...where are you?)

We got ours in April too and they have both been laying for about a month now.... although one stopped for a couple of days for some unknown reason but started up again, I am sure you will get some eggs soon...
big_smile.png

Quote:
I live at Scotland, 30 miles for Morrilton. We have 21 hens, bought in May that shouldn't be to far behind the April girls. They are smaller breeds than the BOs and RIR. Still haven't seen an egg from my 2 SLW, but it shouldn't be long.

Your girls should start laying soon, it is hard to wait I know
smile.png

Quote:
I live at Scotland, 30 miles for Morrilton. We have 21 hens, bought in May that shouldn't be to far behind the April girls. They are smaller breeds than the BOs and RIR. Still haven't seen an egg from my 2 SLW, but it shouldn't be long.

Your girls should start laying soon, it is hard to wait I know
smile.png

I am really hoping the cooler temperatures we are expecting this week will inspire them to all start laying. For now, we are saving eggs from the one girl and planning special meals around them.

Back
Top Bottom