11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
celebrate.gif
Don't rat on me
hide.gif
I'm posting in the wrong forum
tongue.png
No one is ever in the pheasant and chukar part, so I'm posting here.
big_smile.png

I have pips on my chukar eggs!!
ep.gif
These were due to come off the turner today, but I guess they just couldn't wait!
big_smile.png
I'm so freaking excited, I just know I'm gonna kill them!
lol.png

Keep your fingers crossed that they do good! They should, since I bought them locally. But who knows? First time hatching chukars, and they are pipping 2-3 days early! It's not the bator, peepsnbunnies quail hatched this morning, right on schedule
big_smile.png
So these guys must be just as excited as I am
lau.gif

Fingers crossed everyone!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

And don't report me!!
hide.gif

lol!

I won't tattle.
big_smile.png

Glad you're so excited!, but you should post a photo when you're done. (besides I know nothing about them, so I won't presume to say you're in the wrong place).

So I went to read about them, they're beautiful, and then I got to how much room in the flight pens.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Well, there are still only two pips, and they haven't done much else. They have tried a little to zip, but haven't had much luck. The other eggs looked like they were still good, so I'm hoping that these 2 are just early. I'm about to bust out the tweezers and cuticle scissors, if they don't hatch on their own soon!
gig.gif

Ugh!! These two pips are still just pips!
barnie.gif
I think there may be another pipped, but I'm not sure. Should I try to help them? It has been about 24 hours since they pipped, and they aren't making any progress whatsoever. Any ideas??

LOL......I am not good at waiting either.....but because they are a bit early maybe you should wait....

lau.gif
me telling someone to wait....
lau.gif

I have one pip with a chick chirping at me this morning.......I hate waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well,I didnt' bust out the tweezers, and so far there are 3 babies in the bator!! It looks like most of the other eggs have pips
celebrate.gif
They are so little!!
love.gif
I was thinking they would be bigger than that when they hatched, seeing as the adults are bigger than most of my chickens!

Back
Top Bottom