Oh My Goodness... I'm a bad Mommy....

yuckyuck.gif
Seriously!
lol.png

We had the most embarassing nicknames (and still do) I am the youngest, 26, and my dad has a nickname for everyone of his children and pets
tongue.png
I used to be embarassed by I think it's cute now
smile.png

Rebikins

Ben Jamin'

Jumper Jane

Nanny Goat or Fanny
lol.png

Last edited:
As an ER nurse, I frequently deal with nervous parents bringing in their children with various objects in various places. I've even been known to share a few stories with my family, mostly as warnings for our daughter.
Apparently the warnings weren't very effective, or possibly they just wore off, because at THIRTEEN YEARS OLD (yes, I said years, NOT months) she was using two of those really small, really strong magnets to pretend she had a nose peircing...when they slipped out of her fingers and attatched themselves to either side of her septum (the middle part). She was actually SURPRISED!
So, as an ER nurse, you can bet I wasn't taking my child to any ER that knew me (and I work at the only 2 in the county) until I had tried EVERYTHING to get them out. My husband and I each took a pair of forceps, shoved 'em way up in there around the magnets, and pulled! Took 3 tries, but we got them out.
The next day I saw the genius messing around with a penny in her mouth- I could have choked her myself!

Glad to hear everything came out alright.

Everyone has at least something outrageous that has happened to them growing up. That's just part of being "NORMAL."

hugs.gif

When my girls were ages 4 and 2, they found my purse and were quietly rumaging thru it til I found them - only to discover that my 2 year old had found my birth control pills and was swalling them like candy
ep.gif

I called the pediatrician and he said that wouldn't hurt her because she didn't have the hormones in her yet! Ack! I forgot all about that til this topic came up!

To the OP - glad everything came out OK.
smile.png

Quote:
LOL My 3yo son got my mom's daily pill box and took some of her premarin. We called poison control, and they laughed. They'd never heard of that one, and told us to watch him for symptoms, and call back if the pill did anything to him. They were curious!

Back
Top Bottom