Oh My Gosh!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pamperedpoultry, Nov 3, 2009.

1. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

A friend of ours just called and said that it came across the scanner that 2 cars had hit a bear behind my house on the interstate and now they can't find it. I live in a lil patch of woods right off the interstate, there is only a corn field that separates the interstate from my house.. HMM??? I was out feeding in the dark when the DH hollered at me and told me, needless to say my hind end got in the house right quick!!

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

I hope he isn''t suffering somewhere [​IMG]

3. pamperedpoultry

I hope they find it. If 2 cars hit it I'd say its not doing to well or is highly ticked off now!!

4. Bec

Smart move to stay inside!!! I hope they find it too!

5. pamperedpoultry

They found the bear not sure if he wad dead when they found him but they checked him in.

6. Bec

Poor guy...he had a rough night for sure [​IMG] At least you can go outside without the fear of being mauled!

7. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    You are Braver than I would be, if I had bears in my area I would not be going outside in the dark EVER!!! [​IMG]

8. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    I've seen deer total cars out before, I imagine a bear for sure could total a car out.

9. pamperedpoultry

Quote:I was kinda shocked we live in between an interstate and a hwy. We are out in the country but I just never thought they would be a bear around here.

10. NGT ANGL

NGT ANGL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Locust Grove, VA
    I think there are more bear in Virginia than any of us realize. I saw a dead juvenile on the side of I-95 on my commute to Washington, DC a couple of years ago and couldn't believe it. Glad they located the bear that was on the loose near your house but just be aware and alert - where there is one, there are probably more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by