Oh My Gracious I CANNOT believe IT

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by HorseFeatherz NV, Oct 15, 2009.

1. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I had just typed up a long explanation to post in Emergency/diseases/cures about Lefty – hatched Orp chick who’s right eye would not open – asking for suggestions/advice and personal stories. She hatched Saturday night/Sunday morning, her chick siblings hatched before her (Thursday night/Friday morning). She was never out from under her mom Blondie – not even when Blondie would call the chicks to eat or drink. Tuesday, I would bring her out from under Blondie and she would go right back under, I debated taking her and bring her into the house; but left her with Blondie.

Wednesday I picked her up to give her a good exam – and noticed her right eye did not open. – into the house she came. I moistened a q-tip and applied it to her lid – off and on all day. I even gently held the lower edge to see if when she moved her eye lid if it would open. No change all day – not even a slight parting.

Her closed eye on Wednesday morning.
    [​IMG]

Went into the dining room/brooder room to take a better close-up of her closed eye. Brooder is shared with older chick Marilyn (Orp/EE).
    [​IMG]

But somehow, someway overnight snuggled into the stuffed turkey – open!
    [​IMG]

Her activity level has increased 1000%. She is now keeping up with her Orp/Cochin cross buddy. When she pecks to eat – she CAN pick up the crumble on the first try and purposefully!
    [​IMG]

Left eye:
    [​IMG]

She can see out of the eye. I am so happy for her – would have raised her regardless – but yippy and [​IMG]

2. CHIC

CHIC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Roanoke
    Yyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! They Surprise You Sometimes Don't They

3. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very cute baby![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by