OH MY LETTUCE!

Good stuff folks! Thank you very much. The girls look great and went for more romaine this morning right after coming off the roost. I love making them happy!

Wouldn't it be great if chickens came with data port we could plug into and get a read out of what they need more of, or less of.

i have seen a lot of lettuce being put out for chickens and it seems to be good for them, but i would take there advise and put about one every other day.

i hear that lettuce can keep them from getting sick but i havn't gotten my chicks yet soooooo i'm not very sure. good luck!:thumbsup

Great way to leverage a resource that would otherwise go to waste (and require the shelter to pay to dispose of). With six hens you may not get many "extra" eggs, but if you do, maybe they can find a home at the shelter? Make the girls "pay" for their treats!

I encouraged my mom to engender a relationship with a small, organic market local to where she lives, in order to get their often plethora vegetable and fruit scraps. A great deal (sometimes half or more) of what's in the boxes is often Lettuce of varying kinds. It's great for them, and lettuce itself is not going to harm them. It contains vitamins and minerals, and beneficial, digestion-promoting substances that can aid in their ability to better digest other foods.

Keep in mind while Lettuce might look like there's a lot to it, when its all mish-mashed down, its a joke - its not even a third its apparent size.

Back
Top Bottom