Iceberg Lettuce HELP!

Hence the phrase "alleged method of toxicity" in my original post.

It's incredible how much misinformation I see passed around here daily (and have even done it myself before learning new information).. but do *usually* (remember to and appreciate the reminder to) encourage folks to use their own best judgement or discernment and do their own follow up research..

I also included my own personal anecdotal experience with opposite results rather than simply agreeing with their claim.

:highfive:
I super appreciate that and I kind of got inspired by your post and hijacked it a little as an example. Sorry about that. Figured if this was the kind of stuff OP was looking at and panicked over, then it was an excellent example of what not to look at.

I've never heard that iceberg lettuce is toxic to chickens. It can give them diarrhea in large amounts but it's mostly water with little nutritional value. Your chickens should be just fine.
Thank you so much!! Feel much better and thankfully the girls lived and are acting fine! I will be extra careful next time!

We’ve never had issues with it! In the winter the girls love it. It can make their poop all watery which can make their butt fluff dirty but that’s about the worst it’ll get

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpeg
    IMG_0651.jpeg
    880.1 KB · Views: 2
My thought was the same as all the previous posters.

This link describes the alleged method of toxicity..

https://animal-world.com/can-chickens-eat-lettuce/

Many more toxic things than that are growing in my yard/pasture.

Small amounts of iceberg lettuce are not an issue IMO and experience and I would not currently be concerned at all.
Thank you so much for sharing this!! I greatly appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom